Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Candidates will be a part of a team where they will design, development, implement, test and maintain software as a full stack developer following Waterfall and Agile development methodologies. They will also be required to collaborate with Business and IT teams to discuss issues, make recommendations and solve complex problems.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop full stack applications following a Waterfall and Agile development methodologies in a team environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to proficiently resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including coding, testing, debugging and documenting design changes
- Conduct code review to ensure the work delivered by the team is of high-quality standards
- Tests and validates coding to ensure accuracy, compliance, efficiency, and scalability
- Uses technical knowledge, experience, and root cause analysis to resolve development and production support issues
- Willingness to learn new technologies and software development practices
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the software development team and processes
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergrad degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of development experience with C#
- Experience .Net Core 3.x
- 2 years of experience with Microsoft SQL 2016 development
- 2 years of experience with Angular 6 or higher
- Proven ability to effectively work independently or with a team as a software developer
- Proven ability to effectively articulate and communicate concerns, issues or inquires in a timely manner
- Experience working in a healthcare background
- Experience with ETL
- Experience with Azure DevOps, GitHub, TFS
- Experience with Confluence
- Experience developing in Microservices
- Experience developing in SSIS creating and troubleshooting stored procedures
- Experience with application architecture design
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.