Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum’s Health Care Cloud engineering team develops services, controls, and reusable patterns that enable Optum product teams to deliver value safely, quickly, and sustainably in the public cloud. This critical work ultimately helps people live healthier lives and makes the health system work better for everyone. Individual will be working with a large team in building a new Kubernetes platform service to support UHGs multi-cloud modernization strategy. This engineer will also assist with building tools and scaffolding around the platform to aid applications to migrate between multiple container platforms.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Developing new Kubernetes service from ground up
- Participate in on-call SRE support of a Production Kubernetes environment
- Develop integrations of Kubernetes platform with existing enterprise tools via REST API
- Work with vendors on high priority issues
- Rotational 12×7 on call support with offshore evening coverage
- Define/Build/Support technical infrastructure environment for Kubernetes platform
- Define and document standards and guidelines
- Develop and automate repeatable tasks
- Consult with development users; determine requirements and recommend solutions
- Participate in product evaluations, design review session, data requirement meetings and consulting with application development products
- Contribute to open-source projects that we use to drive continuous improvements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of Kubernetes
- 3+ years of software development experience such as Python or Golang
- 3+ years of experience working with application development teams
- 2+ GitHub
- 2+ years AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- 2+ years Python
- 2+ years Golang
- Willingness to participate in on-call support rotation
- Terraform or Ansible
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- REST API development
- Grafana, Prometheus, Thanos
- Anthos on Bare Metal
- Individual contributor in Scrum or Agile team
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.