Sr. Software Engineer – Remote-First – Fintech SaaS – Up to $200k and 1% equity
(ideally 20/80% front/backend. depending on your preference, you could be anywhere from 50-100% backend depending on your preference)
Location: Remote (both during and after the pandemic). It has always been a remote-first company. If you prefer to work in an office, the company can pay for shared office space for you. The founders and most of the team is based in San Francisco.
The company's founders are industry veterans with a track record of success. The CEO previously was an executive at a startup that rapidly reached a multibillion dollar valuation during his tenure. The CTO previously led engineering at a public company known for its world class engineers after it acquired the startup he founded.
The company's product is in the realms of B2B, SaaS, payments, and fintech. Its product serves a $90 billion market.
– Programming with Go on the backend, and using React and Typescript on the front end.
– Designing, developing, implementing and testing new features.
– Optimizing performance.
– Building tools to monitor and manage the rapidly growing infrastructure.
– Conducting code reviews and providing feedback to team members.
– At least 4 years of experience working on large scale web or mobile applications.
– Proficiency in a server side language such as Go, Java, Python, Ruby, or C#. Willing and able to learn and primarily use Go.
– Strong sense of ownership and pride in your work.
Nice to have:
– Experience in Go.
– Experience with Security.
– Startup experience.
– Experience with React.
– Experience with ES6.
– Experience with Webpack.
About Skyrocket Ventures
Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
After you apply to this job posting, well consider you for this job as well as any other potential matches with our client companies. If we have any potential matches, well share your resume with those companies and contact you about any interview opportunities we can get you.
Thank you, and we wish you a great job search!