Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The responsibilities of a full stack engineer include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations, and delivery. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
Analyzes current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging data for analytics, reporting, and other data intensive activities.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Contribute to DevOps team as a full stack engineer (Business/Systems/Data Analysis, QA, Report Analysis, Application Support/Administration)
- Design, develop, implement, and run data solutions that improve data efficiency, reliability and quality, and are performant by design
- Build processes and diagnostics tools to troubleshoot, maintain and optimize solutions and respond to customer and production issues
- Embrace continuous learning of engineering practices to ensure industry best practices and technology adoption, including DevOps, Cloud and Agile thinking
- Maintain high quality documentation of data definitions, transformations, and processes to ensure data governance and security
- Assembling large, complex sets of data that meet non-functional and functional business requirements
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on external and internal processes and data to identify opportunities for improvement and answer questions
- Excellent analytic skills associated with working on complex datasets
- Operational support for web application/portal as well as reporting functionality for internal and external end user base
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience with Software/Tools/Platforms/ Languages :
- Mainframe ISPF/TSO/JCL
- Advanced Query Tool (AQT)
- Data Mining, Analysis, Query Tools
- Database Platforms: Oracle
- 3+ years of experience with Business, Systems, Data Analysis or Data Engineering
- 3+ years of understanding of data warehousing and ETL techniques
- 3+ years of Knowledge of business requirement and data gathering, cleansing, and transforming techniques
- Proficiency in Microsoft Tools (3+ Years)
- Ability to QA and troubleshoot data/reports
- 2+ years of Database Platforms: Teradata
- 2+ years of Database Platforms: Azure / SnowFlake / Cloud
- Any experience with one of the following Software/Tools/Platforms/ Languages
- Workflow management/pipeline tools: Airflow and/or TWS
- Experience working in a healthcare background
- Experience working with stakeholders including data, design, product and executive teams and assisting them with data-related technical issues
- Experience in DevOps and with Agile Methodologies
- Building and supporting required infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources
- Technical writing skills
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.