Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Optum’s Health Care Cloud engineering team develops software, manages security and financial controls, and creates reusable application patterns to effectively provide a public cloud platform. Optum product teams build on top of this platform to deliver value safely, quickly, and sustainably. This supports Optum’s goals of helping people live healthier lives and making the health system work better for everyone.
- Work with a growing team to create business value while collaborating with product owners, operational staff, and technology leadership in an iterative agile manner
- Work will be leveraged by thousands of Optum and UnitedHealth Group engineers as they work to build mature applications on top of public cloud resources
- Have deep software engineering skills, experience applying those skills to manage and use public cloud resources, and exhibit agile development leadership
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience as a software development engineer or equivalent hands-on experience producing code for production systems
- 2+ years of experience in Public Cloud such as AWS, Azure, GCP beyond basic IaaS functionality
- Engineering experience in building infrastructure using code and repeatable designs (Preferably in Terraform)
- Knowledge of the software build cycle
- Experience in automation of CI/CD using Jenkins[Pipeline as Code] and Source control system Git
- Agile/lean development practice
- Design mindset capable of building distributed/scalable services
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Algorithms, data structures, OO design concepts
- API design and lifecycle management (REST, etc.)
- Experience with containers and orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes
- Application foundations and frameworks (Spring, Flask, etc.)
- Data storage, caching and optimization (NoSQL databases, Redis, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Inter-service messaging and streams discovery (SQS, Pub/Sub Kafka, etc.)
- Instrumentation, logging, and tracing (Prometheus, CloudWatch, Stack Driver, Azure Monitor, etc)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.