Information is the lifeblood of the healthcare industry’everything depends on it. At Optum Insight Technology, you’ll help us work on streamlining the flow of information between payers, healthcare providers and various other stakeholders to deliver the right insights to the right places at the right times, driving better outcomes for patients, reducing friction in the health system and lowering costs. Every day our work directly impacts the world for the better, in meaningful and profound ways.
We live in a time of unprecedented technical capability and possibility. Health care is at a pivotal point in this journey where even small gains can lead to major transformation. You could be a part of that you have tremendous skill and the potential to make a lasting impact. Optum Insight Technology is uniquely positioned to bring your skills to bear on these pressing and life-changing technical challenges. The health care industry has an immediate need for your drive, innovation, passion and technical insight. Help us help the millions of people we serve each day. #OptumInsightTech
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Research, evaluate, identify alternative approaches, recommend, design and code efficient and effective solutions for challenging problems ranging from small to large work efforts for low to high complexity problems
- Comply with standards and guidelines related to the design, construction, testing and deployment activities as established by departmental and organizational standards
- Demonstrate collaborative skills working within a project team of diverse skills and will bring communication skills including oral, written and presentation skills, creativity, and problem solving skills to a challenging environment
- Partner with other competency leads/ developers and support project planning, technical design, development and solution deployment functions
- Identify opportunities in business processes, system capabilities and delivery methodologies for continuous improvement as applicable
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4 + years of hands-on software engineering, object-oriented and/or functional programming
- 3+ years of experience building enterprise level software using Java 8 or higher
- 3+ years of experience integrating RESTful APIs or web services with user interfaces
- 2+ years of experience working with data technologies such as SQL, NoSQL like Cassandra, PostgreSQL or equivalent
- Experience with Jenkins CI/CD, JUnit, Terraform, Infrastructure as Code and Docker
- Proficiency in GitHub and Maven to manage source code and dependencies
- Develop the architecture and design deliverables and provide support as an Azure SME
- Provides expert technical support and completes project tasks for all cloud services, server and infrastructure operating systems, software implementations, and project
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business or other relevant degree; or equivalent
- 3+ years of working experience with RallyDev, Jira or equivalent user story grooming tools
- 3+ years of experience in developing in agile teams and building integrated test
- Experience with Java, Maven, Camel, Bower, APIs or Spring boot microservices
- Experience with Message Broker system like Kafka or MQ
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan with a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr. Software Engineer, Github, Java, Maven, Camel, Bower, APIs or Springboot, RallyDev, Jira, SQL, NoSQL, Telecommute, WFH, Work From Home, WAH, Work At Home