At M&T Tech, were a team of makers, doers, and builders, working to create the most advanced technology solutions in banking. Were not your stereotypical suit and tie bankers: Were an innovative team of leading tech experts, pushing boundaries, and taking risks. Were building an agile team of the most skilled and creative, workers to solve complex problems, architecting solutions, writing high-performance software, and charting our new path, all to make the lives of our customers, and the communities that we serve, better. Join us and be part of something new as we build tomorrows bank, today.
Commercial and Credit Banking
The Commercial and Credit Banking team delivers and supports all the technology used in commercial banking, including Credit, Web, Payments, Capital Markets and Treasury. We deliver innovative, secure, compelling technology solutions to enable the customer to conduct business quickly and efficiently while delivering business value to the company.
You will be part of an agile team where you will design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code; ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. We are on a mission to change the way we innovate, architect, and deliver tech products to help the bank modernize the way we work.
Scope of Responsibilities:
You will need to be effective in working autonomously and in teams on high level systems analysis and technical phases of development. The position interacts with senior management, other technology personnel, clients and vendors.
- Implement & Perform – Implement designs following Pearson coding standards and industry best practices; maintain and support mission-critical applications as necessary.
- Analyze & Design – Ensure business and requirements artifacts are created that effectively model the customer's requirements. Use tooling and best practices to create design models from requirements.
- Review – Participate in and lead requirement, design and code reviews
- Test & Deployment – Work closely with other teams (e.g., QA, configuration management, end users) to release high quality software. Create testable requirements and write and execute unit and automated tests.
- Quality/process improvement – Participate in group improvement activities and initiatives to improve process and product quality in pursuit of excellence
- Reporting – Complete project documentation as required, including logging status, risk, progress, and effort on assigned work
- People development Mentor and train new team members
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of an Associate degree and 6 years systems analysis/application development experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 8 years higher education and/or work experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience developing java applications
- Good understanding of software development best practices
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Full lifecycle application development using Spring frameworks and coding standards/patterns
- Coordinate and contribute to architectural and design discussions
- Coding, unit testing and debugging applications in various software languages
- Experience in developing RESTful and SOAP service APIs
- Perform code reviews to suggest, encourage, and support coding best practices
- Experience building CI/CD and server/deployment automation solutions
M&T Bank is a Top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing and financial stable regional banks in the country, we offer our technology employees a wide range of performance-based career development opportunities. We have a strong commitment to our customers and the communities we serve, and we continue to grow with a focus on the future. So, when looking to advance your career, look to M&T. Grow with us.
Buffalo, New York, United States of America