Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer (Java)
Terms: 6-12 month contract to hire
- Lead and participate in the design and implementation of large and/or architecturally significant applications.
- Champion company standards and best practices. Work to continuously improve software delivery processes and practices.
- Build partnerships across the application, business and infrastructure teams.
- Develop programming specifications. Design, code and unit test application code using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices.
- Complete estimates and work plans independently as appropriate for design, development, implementation and rollout tasks.
- Create technical system documentation and ensure that this documentation remains current throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Participate in all phases of system testing.
- Communicate with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are managed appropriately and that completed assignments are of the highest quality.
- Proven success developing Java web applications associated with large scale projects
- 5+ years of rapid web development, using HTML, Java, JSON, and Spring Boot framework
- 2+ years experience with SQL
- High-functioning, self-driven, motivated and curious.
- Develops with supportability in mind.
- Do not wait for others to solve a problem – get behind the wheel and drive the solution!
- Excels in team related competencies including: Solution Architecture, Data warehousing, Data Modeling, Development, Testing and Documentation.
- Leads by setting the right example – in problem solving, testing, documenting and communicating.
- Proficient in Agile methodologies and effectively participates in related ceremonies.
- Active participant in PI (effective in breaking down features to workable user stories that focus on delivery of business value), sprint planning, standups & showcases.
- Effective in building architecturally sound solutions for massive data volumes.
- Amplifies the art of what is possible, by bringing forth forward thinking solutions.
- Champion company standards and best practices. Work to continuously improve solution delivery processes and practices.
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD pipelines (required)
- Strong knowledge of K8 (required)
- Knowledge of Azure Architecture / tools (this is a plus)
- Spring Boot
- String knowledge of no sql dbs (Cassandra, Neo4j)
- String knowledge of SQL dbs (SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres)
- Strong knowledge of event driven architecture (Kafka/MQ)
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Benefits? Yes, provided by Experis
- Remote Workers? Yes, must be in client approved state
- Visa Sponsorship? Not offered
- Corp-to-Corp? Yes, must be able to convert to full time
How to Apply:
For immediate attention please apply online and send a text message to Emily Schoffstall at 704 769 1454.
Experis is a global leader in IT professional resourcing, project solutions, and managed services specializing in Business Transformation, Enterprise Applications, Cloud and Infrastructure, Digital Workspace and Cyber Security. As digital transformation and acute skills shortages in tech continue unabated, Experis provides talent with the powerful combination of in-demand technical skills together with the soft skills that are critical for business success. We can connect you to individuals with a specific skill set, manage capacity across a team, or deliver in-house technology experts to take your project to full delivery. Visit www.experis.com to learn more.