SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER, FULL STACK WEB3 ENGINEERING
– Full-time, Remote (Southern California a strong plus)
At Space and Time, we are solving Web3s toughest data analytics challenges at planetary scale with decentralized, peer-to-peer technology. Dapps built on top of Space and Time become blockchain interoperable, crunching SQL + machine learning for Gaming/DeFi data as well as any decentralized applications that need verifiable tamperproofing, blockchain-security, or enterprise scale. We turn any major blockchain into a next-gen database by connecting off-chain storage with on-chain analytic insights. Our team is growing fast, backed by some of the top blockchain orgs and VCs.
A career at Space and Time is lucrative, fast-paced, and very creative. We value you (and all your ideas) like family and we bring an endless supply of perks. This includes flexible workweeks + flexible vacation, add-on bonuses for hard work, we attend exciting events/conferences/parties, were headquartered on the beach near LA (but dont mind you working remote), and most importantly- we provide analytics technology to the largest Dapps, DAOs, DeFi/DEXs, GameFi, NFT platforms, blockchain providers, enterprises, etc. We are committed to growing a diverse and welcoming team in a safe space to be yourself and learn from the most innovative minds in blockchain and data warehousing. Help us invent the first decentralized supercomputer!
As a Sr. Software Engineer for our Web3/Blockchain/Oracles Engineering team, you will join highly skilled full stack engineers responsible for developing a dapp interoperability platform and backend to Web3. You will focus on hosted cloud analytics infrastructure for major blockchains, multichain or cross chain smart contract frameworks, tamperproof blockchain indexing techniques, proprietary zkSNARK-like proofing mechanisms. You will partner with internal and external teams to build and scale dapps on top of our data platform. This team is responsible for building the integrations between our decentralized data warehouse and major blockchains via oracle networks, which will also be used for query validation and network management. In addition, youll be defining Web3 analytics challenges that supporting teams will help solve. This role is vital to our organization and will report to exec leadership and senior engineering leadership.
- You will be developing innovative techniques to anchor data to blockchains via smart contracts as well as to index/read from blockchains via tamperproof RPC calls.
- Integrating our data platform with the web3 stack (MetaMask, Web.js, Hardhat, OpenZeppelin, Filecoin, Oracle Networks, multichain smart contracts, etc)
- Building tools, platforms and database integrations to turn a blockchain-secured data/analytics platform into a user-facing hosted cloud solution
- Codifying best practices for future reuse in the form of accessible, reusable patterns, templates, and code bases to facilitate meta data capturing and management
- Working with engineering leadership to define, prioritize, and ensure smooth deployments with other operational components
- Engaged with blockchain/Web3 trends
- Understand how data and analytics use cases across Web3 and major blockchains can be optimized
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related technical field. Masters or PhD a plus.
- 1+ years experience engineering software at a leading Web3 org
- Knowledge of blockchain indexing, web3 stack, consensus mechanisms, etc
- Experience with rapid development cycles in a web-based environment
- Strong scripting and test automation knowledge
- Passionate about Web3, blockchain, decentralization, and a base understanding of how data/analytics plays into this
- Ability to engage senior business leaders and translate between the needs of the business and the demands of / capacities of technology
What we offer
- Very competitive salaries
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, disability/life insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Aggressive bonus structure and/or Space and Time token allocations (similar to stock options)
- Very flexible PTO and paid holidays, and flexible workweek
- Very flexible remote work options
- A massive list of perks including discretionary add-on bonuses for hard work, attending exciting events/conferences/parties, were headquartered on the beach near LA (but dont mind you working remote)
- Space and Time is an EOE and committed to building a diverse team
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Space and Time, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Space and Time are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics