What You'll Do…
Build the possibilities.
We’re growing our technology team and are searching for a Senior Software Engineer to help us modernize our software architecture. When you join us, you’ll use your technical expertise to design, develop, and maintain software components and products that support H&R Block business applications and transform our technology. You’ll serve as the lead role for day-to-day functional tasks in the team, developer support, and maintaining the development environment. Ready to innovate and solve problems in new ways? Join us.
What You’ll Do As a Senior Software Engineer…
- Use tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to develop new product features and maintain year over year product functionality and enhancements
- Create and execute unit tests and addresses defects
- Work closely with the QA, UX and other related teams to ensure consistent understanding of requirements and approach
- Assist in planning and implementation of a strategic direction for the product
- Identify product design features to support scalability, usability and better performance
- Assist and drive technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and maintenance work delivered by the development team
- Understand complex business and functional requirements and produce technical specifications and product requirements
- You’ll also mentor and coach other team members on the latest technological advances within the current technology used and establish consistent best practices
What You'll Bring To The Team…
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- 5 years Minimum related work experience
- Hands on experience working with some if not all of the following technologies:
- API/Web services development
- Angular 8.x/9.x
Good experience with cloud platforms (Azure or AWS)Strong experience with Azure DevOps platform including repository management, pipeline creation, agile methodologies (SCRUM and/or Kanban)Business Analysis skillsGood communication skills
It would be even better if you also had…
- Experience with the following cloud technologies
- Azure Event Hubs
- Service Bus
- Microservices architecture
- APIGEE or Azure API Manager
- Cosmos DB
About H&R Block…
We’re here to live our purpose—to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We’ve been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we’ve grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you’ll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company—one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.