PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Peterbilt Motors Company
On highways, construction sites, city streets, logging roads – everywhere our customers earn their living – Peterbilt's red oval is a familiar symbol of performance, reliability and pride. Peterbilt has reigned as America's premium quality truck manufacturer since the company's founding in 1939. Our dedication to deliver products and services focused on improving customers' performance, image, profitability and peace of mind truly makes Peterbilt the Class of the Industry.
The Peterbilt Motors team is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer with experience using Microsoft.net development technologies to work on an agile development team to design, build, enhance and support our enterprise manufacturing and engineering support systems. As a member of the Peterbilt Application Development IT team, your responsibilities will include working with product owners and business analysts on user stories, software design, software development, unit testing, working with operations on deployments, participating in research and development of new technologies, and systems, and process improvements. A successful candidate will be highly motivated, self-directed, an excellent problem-solver, a good communicator and presenter, and be able to work with all levels of management and operations in the organization.
The hiring level will be commensurate with experience and skills.
- Work with management and users to define, develop, and implement innovative business solutions.
- Research, analyze, troubleshoot, and solve complex software problems on existing systems.
- Work on small and strategic projects among other support and development assignments.
- Collaborate with business users and product owners to develop, refine, and document user stories.
- Research and development on new technologies and systems, and process improvements.
- Create and update documentation of the applications supported as necessary.
- Collaborate with a distributive team to take shared responsibility for the overall efforts that the team has committed to.
- Responsible for the quality of software produced, including unit testing, integration testing, and user acceptance testing.
- A successful candidate will have aggressive learning goals and willingness to support business partners using 24×7 applications that require on-call responsibilities
- 5+ years of experience developing applications with .NET Core, .NET, C#, HTML5, jQuery, Angular and/or React
- Experience with SQL Server and Entity Framework.
- Experience with Web Services and API development (Apigee).
- Solid knowledge and experience in software testing (Unit Test, Integration Test, Acceptance Test).
- Solid understanding and experience with CI/CD tools like AzureDevOps / Octopus/ Jenkins.
- Experience with design patterns and best practices for software engineering.
- Experience using Azure DevOps or other Agile management tools.
- Extensive understanding of software design and architecture.
- Ability to work effectively in a self-organizing distributed team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Amazon Web Service and/or Microsoft Azure is a plus
Education / Skills
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field is strongly desired.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability corporation. Peterbilt promotes Diversity and Inclusion through mentorship, events, and affinity support groups The Diversity Council, Peterbilt Womens Initiative (PBWin), Veterans Group, Peterbilt Black Organization for Leadership and Development (B.O.L.D) and ADVOCATE (An LGBTQ support group).
Why work for PACCAR/Peterbilt?
- Competitive salary, 401k with a 5% match, AND a company paid Pension Plan after 5 years of service.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your family.
- Comprehensive Paid Time Off Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Sick Leave.
- Tuition Reimbursement for continued education eligible after 1 year of service.
- Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth and development opportunities.
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized as experts in their fields.