If you are a Sr. Software Engineer with experience, please read on!
We are a leading national defense company based out of Niceville, NC seeking an experienced C++ application developer to fill a Senior Software Engineer position in support of the JMEM Weaponeering System (JWS). JWS is an operational software application used by US Army, Navy, and Air Force operational communities to authenticate weapons effectiveness data for use in operations, training, systems acquisitions, weapons procurement, and combat modeling and simulation (M&S).
What You Will Be Doing
- Perform requirements analysis and develop software functional derived requirements
- Develop software designs that meet software requirements
- Prepare software documents and present status briefings to the customer
- Creation and maintenance of software unit tests to verify API functionality
- Coordination with other in-house developers and engineers to verify successful implementation
- Utilize version control software such as GIT
- Utilize application lifecycle management tool such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Atlassian tools for DevOps
- Evaluate proposed software changes or additions and advise customer Configuration Control Board (CCB)
- Mentor less experienced software developers
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of related experience
- US Citizen, able to receive and maintain DoD Security Clearance
- Must have a strong knowledge of the C++ and C# programming languages
- Familiarity with thread-safe, event-driven, and object-oriented programming
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change
- Good writing and verbal presentation skills
- Active SECRET clearance (or eligible to receive clearance)
- Must be organized and deadline driven
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to communicate well in a positive manner
- Experience developing large C++/C# applications
- Experience using a build automation tool such as CMake and using a unit testing library such as Microsoft Unit Test Framework
- Proficient in an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Microsoft Visual Studio to efficiently troubleshoot and debug software
- Good understanding of mathematical and physics concepts
- Understanding of 3D geometric modeling/visualization
- Understanding of weapons effects analysis
What's In It for You
- Competitive Pay
- 401-K Retirement with employer matching contribution
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Various insurance options including Flexible Spending Plan, Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid leave and holidays
- Much More!
So, if you are a Sr. Software Engineer with experience, please apply today or send your resume directly to [email protected]!
Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : LP11-1677842 — in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Liana Pryor – Executive Recruiter – CyberCoders
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.