PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Peterbilt Motors Company
On highways, construction sites, city streets, logging roads – everywhere our customers earn their living – Peterbilt's red oval is a familiar symbol of performance, reliability and pride. Peterbilt has reigned as America's premium quality truck manufacturer since the company's founding in 1939. Our dedication to deliver products and services focused on improving customers' performance, image, profitability and peace of mind truly makes Peterbilt the Class of the Industry.
The Peterbilt Motors team is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer with experience using Microsoft development technologies to work on an agile development team to design, build, enhance and support our enterprise manufacturing and engineering support systems. As a member of the Peterbilt Application Development IT team, your responsibilities will include working with product owners and business analysts on user stories, software design, software development, unit testing, working with operations on deployments, participating in research and development on new technologies, and systems, and process improvements. A successful candidate will be highly motivated, self-directed, an excellent problem-solver, a good communicator and presenter, and be able to work with all levels of management and operations in the organization.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Work with management and users to define, develop, and implement innovative business solutions.
- Provide technical estimates.
- Ability to research, analyze, troubleshoot, and solve complex software problems on existing systems.
- Collaborate with distributed business users and product owners to develop, refine, and document user stories.
- Responsible for the quality of software produced, including unit testing, integration testing, and facilitating user acceptance testing.
- A successful candidate will have aggressive learning goals and a willingness to support business partners using 24×7 applications that require some on-call support responsibilities.
- Some travel is occasionally required, including international.
- Five or more years of experience developing applications and services using Microsoft Visual Studio (.NET Core, .NET Framework, C#)
- Solid knowledge of design patterns (MVC, Factory, Decorator, Repository, Observer, etc.) and best practices for software engineering.
- Three or more years of experience developing solutions using two or more of the following: HTML5, jQuery, Angular, Bootstrap, React.
- Strong database skills: T-SQL, SSMS, SSRS, Data Engineering practices; SSIS and Entity Framework / EF Core experience is a plus.
- Experience with Windows Forms, Web Forms, WebAPI, WCF & ASMX Services, hosting using IIS Server.
- LEAN and/or Six Sigma experience is desired.
- Experience in a heavy manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Familiarity with ISA-95 standard, MES and SCADA systems, PLCs and industrial controls is a plus.
- Two or more years of experience creating and working with automated Unit Testing (NUnit, etc.).
- Two or more years of experience creating and working with CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps, Octopus, and/or other similar tools.
- Two or more years of Microsoft Azure and/or AWS Cloud experience is desired.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies including Scrum.
- Ability to work effectively in a self-organizing distributed team environment.
- Highly self-motivated and flexible with a focus on delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science/Electrical Engineering, or related field required.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability corporation. Peterbilt promotes Diversity and Inclusion through mentorship, events, and affinity support groups The Diversity Council, Peterbilt Womens Initiative (PBWin), Veterans Group, Peterbilt Black Organization for Leadership and Development (B.O.L.D), and ADVOCATE (An LGBTQ support group).
Why work for PACCAR/Peterbilt?
Competitive salary, 401k with a 5% match, AND a company-paid Pension Plan after 5 years of service.
Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your family.
Comprehensive Paid Time Off Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Sick Leave.
Tuition Reimbursement for continued education eligible after 1 year of service.
Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth and development opportunities.
Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized as experts in their fields.