Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Landmark Health is hiring a new Senior Quality Engineer with experience designing, developing and maintaining robust automated and manual test suites to validate enterprise software. In this role you will work on an agile scrum team which is building new capabilities for Ubiquity; which is Landmark Health’s in house developed EHR that powers the business. This opportunity is full time and remote, open to multiple states. Applicants must tbe willing to support the needs of the business in the ET and CT time zones. Actual weekly schedules will be determined by the hiring manager.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining the automation test suites and frameworks in an agile development environment.
- Work with Engineering, business analysts and end users as products are developed, staying current with key design decisions and become the product/technology expert.
- Using an automation first mindset, design, develop and document test plans, test cases and conduct UAT testing for every product release to ensure business requirements are met
- Work with software developers to document, identify and resolve defects/bugs
- Participate in daily scrums as well as features planning discussions
- Assess and analyze issues reported by production users and identify root cause.
- Demonstrate leadership by coordinating the requirements, specifications, and user acceptance testing efforts.
- Collect and analyze data to reinforce proposed projects, systems requirements and business cases.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical department to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- Perform root cause analysis for issues and provide effective and timely resolution.
- Contribute to team growth by providing advice, mentoring and coaching to other engineers with positivity and enthusiasm
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and effectively present them to decision-makers
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 6+ years of development or quality assurance experience in an Agile Scrum environment
- Experience with Agile development methodology including User stories, Use Cases, UAT, product sprint and backlog management
- Extensive background developing, executing and monitoring automation test suites
- Great problem solving and debugging skills with the ability to isolate an issue to it’s root cause and document in a way that is easier for others to understand and reproduce
- Ability to write basic Mongo and SQL DB queries
- Proven experience implementing software life cycle management (requirements, design, develop, test, validate, deploy)
- Demonstrated capability of working with a global team including offshore teams for development and production issues
- High energy: demonstrates an ability to function in a creative, entrepreneurial environment and think outside the box
- Demonstrated experience contributing to team growth by providing advice, mentoring and coaching to other engineers with positivity and enthusiasm
- Expert level experience in MongoDB and SQL query execution
- Demonstrated experience creating automated test cases using Appium/Selenium
- Experience in testing non-functional requirements such as scalability, performance, security, etc.
- Skilled in the unique challenges of healthcare software, specifically EMR/EHR systems
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.