About this role:
We are currently looking for a senior Data Engineer to join our Finance Technology team at Wells Fargo. Senior Data Engineer is responsible to provide application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing design. Candidate will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The incumbent should be an experienced data analyst, data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys analyzing data, building and optimizing data systems from the ground up. Their duties include solution design, development and may include ongoing operational support of the code-line.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
- End to end ownership of ETL data pipelines, from ingestion of data to consumption by business intelligence and advanced analytics teams.
- Design and build an automated, self-service data platform, freeing teams to focus on customer features and analysis.
- Evolve existing tools and framework to support new scalability requirements as well new functionality as needed.
- Identify and drive new solutions to enhance the development cycle to increase development productivity.
- Work with product owners to identify and mature upcoming business needs and develop technical backlog to answer those needs in a timely manner.
- Work with team to identify and resolve technical debt to improve the team's throughput.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years of Python experience
- 3 + years of development experience with one or more of the following: Java, Perl, Python, or C+
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Data warehouse experience
- Knowledge and understanding of data warehouse application design and development
- ETL, data warehouse and data analytics delivery experience on internal or external cloud platforms
- Experience with one or a combination of the following: Java, Python, API Calls, Reverse Proxy, or Process Automation
- Experience identifying and development of language translation process improvements
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
$111,100.00 – $197,500.00 Annual
- Information about Wells Fargo's employee benefits
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.