About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a seasoned Data Analyst/Scientist within the Consumer Lending Organization, this role collaborates with business and technology stakeholders in the development of new insights, decision strategies, and implementation of new data capabilities to support business objectives. This is an exciting opportunity to work across the CCS (Consumer Collection Servicing) Business and drive the organization's adoption of modern Data Platform, Advanced Analytics, and Machine Learning capabilities.
In this role, you will:
- Advise experienced leadership to develop or influence statistical modeling, analytical strategies, and advanced data visualization for complex business and technical needs
- Enable data analysis, modeling, and optimization through strategic design and production efforts
- Apply data science and modeling techniques to drive data driven decision making and solve complex business problem
- Design and lead complex projects, analyses, and application of techniques across the enterprise
- Provide vision, direction, and expertise to leadership on implementing innovative and significant business solutions that align to the enterprise
- Partner with business and tech stakeholders to identify the critical data needs and map them to key customer experiences. Data involved typically very large, structured or unstructured, and from multiple sources.
- Lead or participate in new data/analytics capabilities and tool evaluations
- 7+ years of Analytics and Reporting, Financial Modeling, Statistics, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in data science and research or related field
- Experience designing and developing technical and functional prototype to uncover business questions, validate use cases and capture key requirements.
- Efficiency in at least one scripting language such as Python, and in one query language such as SQL to query, manipulate and validate data across multiple domains
- Experience using relevant statistical and machine learning methods for building predictive models
- Experience designing and executing AB/Multivariate testing, causal inference, classification, decision making, and metrics deep dive
- Expertise with large scale analytics technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Cloud (Google, Azure, etc.) capabilities and applying them to Data and Analytics
- Previous credit card data/financial products analytical experience
- Up to 20% travel as needed
11625 N Community House Rd, Charlotte, NC, 28277
Preferred locations listed above. Other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint may be considered. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
TX – Irving Pay Range – $ 96,600.00 – $171,800.00 Annual
NC – Charlotte Pay Range – $ 96,600.00 – $171,800.00 Annual
AZ – Phoenix Pay Range – $ 96,600.00 – $171,800.00 Annual
DE – Wilmington Pay Range – $ 106,300 -$188,900 Annual
Salary range is determined by location of the job. May be considered for a discretionary bonus, Restricted Share Rights, or other long – term incentive awards.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.