Advance Auto Parts is seeking a Senior Java Developer who loves to build solutions that drives our team member and customer experiences within our stores, directly impacting the bottom line of the organization. As part of the Store Systems Team, a Senior Developer provides leadership, direction, guidance, and definition of the technical solution(s) for the parts catalog, point of sale and other store systems to effectively support the corporate and store operations teams.
The responsibilities of a Senior Java Developer include leading, researching, analyzing, designing, proposing, and delivering solutions that are appropriate for the business and partnering with Enterprise Architecture for the technology strategies. A Senior Developer must have significant business knowledge and have multiple areas of technical expertise in which they concentrate. A Senior Developer interfaces with architecture, the business, and the team, to proactively assist in defining the direction for store systems. A Senior Developer is responsible for conception of solutions, building consensus with architecture and working with the development teams in execution of such solutions.
NOTE: OPEN TO REMOTE WORK WITHIN THE U.S.A
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a hands-on developer and a solution advisor to the IT Store Systems Team as the team works with the solutions architect to understand their solution needs.
- Perform the role of SeniorJava Developer as part of the development team process(es)
- Participate in Functional Requirements Gathering for business solutions
- Lead Technical Requirements Gathering for business solutions
- Perform Impact Analysis on proposed Business Capabilities
- Lead and Mentor team members on development approach and the creation of Solution Designs as part of a project team
- Recommend appropriate technologies and patterns for the implementation of a Solution Design
- Engage Enterprise Architecture Team on solution design and associated artifacts
- Develop code including prototypes and technology evaluations
- Participate in Design Reviews for IT projects under design
- Participate in Code Reviews for IT projects under implementation
- Drive process improvement and automation along with our DevOps Team
- Research new solution patterns for the implementation of IT enabled capabilities and recommend patterns for adoption into the Enterprise Architecture set of standards
- Foster, promote and encourage teamwork and close working relationships across the IT Department
- Develop new skills to stay current with the changing IT and Business landscape
- Other Duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Developer must have a working knowledge of the business domain they serve
- Have an expert level competency in the principles of Multi-tier Enterprise Application Development and must be competent in multiple Enterprise Programming languages and supporting languages across the application tiers with a focus on Java architecture
- Must understand Solution Development Lifecycle and Agile
- At least 10+ years with one or more of the following
- Competency with Application Design Principles
- Design Patterns for Enterprise Application Development
- Design Pattern for Object Oriented Programing
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Enterprise Application Integration
- Competency with Agile Application Development using Scrum methodologies
- Excellent Communication Skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to effectively communicate with non-technical Business Domain members
- Must be able to clearly articulate solution design ideas in written and verbal form to technical audiences
- Excellent Research Skills
- Must be able to evaluate requirements against technologies and design patterns to produce appropriate Solution Designs
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree with equivalent experience in relevant field required.
- 10+ years of Application Development experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills