Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
At’Optum Technology,’our passion for health care and technology empowers us and our partners to tackle real-world health problems. By applying our deep knowledge of an incredibly complex system, we identify and solve tough challenges without adding complexity. We are dedicated to harnessing the pace of innovation and applying our expertise to propel significant breakthroughs in health care technology.
Our team includes more than 30,000 technologists, 580+ distinguished and principal engineers and 2,600 talent development program (TDP) team members. Together, we work worldwide to manage health data for over 362 million consumers and provide health and information services to 1 in 5 Americans. # #optumtechnology #optumrx
Our team consists of open-minded, curious, and creative technical minds working together to solve complex problems. We use modern technologies and patterns to provide a full-featured pharmacy management experience in a scalable and performant way. We have a healthy work life balance and thrive on open and honest communication.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and develop UI/UX for internal and external applications across a variety of pharmacy management services
- Be a thought leader and assist in architecting solutions to ensure delivery of robust, scalable software that meets product requirements & goals
- Embrace and understand the web platform and its core technologies, including expert level knowledge of modern CSS techniques and a working understanding of accessibility and performance
- Be unafraid to dig into new tools, new frameworks, and new platforms while sharing gained knowledge in small-team and cross-organization environments
- Develop a thorough understanding of the team’s domain and product focus area
- Collaborate on the team’s roadmap with product and engineering management by providing technical insight on effort and potential roadblocks
- Be passionate about well-tested code and shift-left quality practices
- Help debug production issues across services
- Work with subject matter experts across the company to establish engineering standards and practices to deliver well-tested and well-architected code in a large, shared codebase
- Mentor other engineers in building their technical skills
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of experience owning deployment and debugging production issues
- 4+ years of experience consulting and advising backend engineers on architectural and data tradeoffs
- 2+ years of experience working in an Agile environment
- 2+ years of experience building data-intensive, single-page React web applications at scale
- 2+ years using best-practices of modern development workflows, including git, continuous integration and delivery, testing (unit, integration, E2E), and peer code review
- 2+ years of cloud experience such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Azure
- 1+ years of experience communicating & translating product goals into technical strategy, as well as articulating technical decisions to product leaders and engineers across the organization
- 1+ years of experience with GraphQL, TypeScript, and usability testing
- A willingness to take on mentorship opportunities to facilitate technical growth and coaching of engineers
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group?” Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success.’Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.