Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who We Are
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The ECI (Enterprise, Content & Insights) team is seeking a Senior Data Scientist who will lead Data Science for SoFi’s Personal Finance Management (Relay Insights) business. This is an exciting role for someone to drive customer-centric insights that will make a direct impact on Product, Finance & Marketing strategy. Success in this role hinges on your technical aptitude, quantitative abilities, collaboration and business acumen: you know how to plow through data in Snowflake with Airflow and DBT, surface deep insights with Statistical and ML techniques, and measure business impact. You treat stakeholders as a partnership you are there at each step of the way and you know that we only succeed if we succeed together.
What You’ll Do
- Drive growth by crafting, analyzing and presenting customer behavior metrics such as funnel conversion, user churn, cross-sell metrics, Life Time Value. Work with teams cross-functionally to design tests to improve these metrics.
- Own end-to-end product analytics workflow including formulating success metrics, processing, cleaning & verifying data integrity, investigating new sources of data to improve insights, and ultimately summarizing and socializing insights with leadership in Relay and across SoFi
- Build models, identify trends and build tools that help decision-makers understand data and more quickly take action
- Build self-service solutions and dashboards to enable others in the organization to leverage your work.
- Leverage DBT and Airflow to build reporting pipelines in Snowflake
- Proactively develop recommendations for how Relay can use data to solve problems and make decisions
- Coordinate with Product & Eng on new feature releases to ensure metrics are accurately tracked and captured towards OKRs
What You’ll Need
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- M.B.A, B.S. or M.S. in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related quantitative field is required for this position;
- Proven track record of end-to-end experience in building analytical frameworks to inform business strategy;
- 3+ years of experience working in an Analytics role in Finance or Tech
- Strong programming skills in SQL, Python, and proficiency in Tableau
- Experience with using Airflow and DBT to build Data Pipelines in Snowflake
- Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment, with strong attention to detail;
- Effective communication and presentation skills and ability to explain complex analyses in simple terms to business leaders;
- Strong relationship-building and collaborative skills;
- Exceptional problem-solving skills;
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic and local legal requirements, effective on August 17, 2022, employees must be fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) to work from, travel to, or attend work related meetings in our NYC office.
The company will make reasonable accommodations when possible for employees who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability, pregnancy, sincerely held religious belief, or for other legally required reasons..
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
SoFi is committed to embracing diversity. As part of this commitment, SoFi offers reasonable accommodations to candidates with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.