Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You are a thought leader who thrives on developing new solutions to solve tough challenges. As a critical member of our reporting & analytics team, you will help rewrite the future of UnitedHealth Group. Here, your data engineering, analytical and innovative skills will help us with our mission of helping people live healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. And we need your organizational talents, technical prowess and business discipline to help fuel that mission. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably.
As a Sr. Data Engineer with Enterprise Reporting & Analytics, you will be in a lead role to support the design, implementation, and maintenance of a SQL Server Data Warehouse and ETL processes. You will be responsible for the following: database security and controls, data load strategy and methods, performance tuning and management, validation checks and documentation, etc. In this role you will monitor and assess overall standards and procedures and assist in incorporating and implementing best practices. You will also consult with users, determine requirements and recommend database and query best practices, and support general database administration responsibilities including ongoing production support and system/software upgrades and modernization.
Youll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within U.S as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, implement and maintain all functions of database systems, including access, methods and time, allocations, validation checks, organization, security, documentation, etc.
- Collaborate with business and technical teams to understand business processes, systems and data needs for reporting & analytics
- Develop, monitor & troubleshoot ETL and SQL data warehouse processes, including maintenance and system updates
- Evaluate, test and provide recommendations for the selection, user and deployment of DBMS software, data engineering & management tools and utilities, data warehouse and replication tools, etc.
- Lead SQL Query Optimization, Performance & Tuning Efforts; Develop & implement best practices & standards
- Support issue/problem resolution; Identify, communicate, escalate & resolve, database/server issues and risks appropriately
- Automate repeatable tasks; Support and participate in data warehouse modernization efforts to minimize data and process duplication and redundancies
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience as a MS SQL Server DBA (including E2E administration, performance management and general maintenance of MS SQL databases)
- 3+ years of experience in on-call application support to monitor ETL jobs and databases for performance, and troubleshoot database problems
- 3+ years of experience in scripting languages (such as Python, SAS, T-SQL, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with ETL and enterprise data warehouse technical development
- 2+ years of experience with Visual Studio SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services)
- Experience with Redgate SQL Monitor and/or other MS SQL DB performance monitoring tools
- Solid understanding of execution plans, identifying redundant and faulty processes for optimization opportunities, performing load balancing, parallel processing, partitioning and indexes
- Certification as a MCDBA (Microsoft Certified Database Administrator)
- Experience with Snowflake
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Experience with TFS (Team Foundation Server) and SQL Agent tools
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $71,400 to $127,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, youll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Groups Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Data Engineer, Data Engineer, Engineer, Scripting Languages, Python, SAS, T-SQL, Visual Studio, Telecommute, Telecommuter