Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Full development cycle of a Data Warehouse, including requirements gathering, design, implementation, and maintenance
- Gather and analyze business requirements
- Develop technical specifications and design documents
- Architect and design Data Warehouse infrastructure and solutions
- Develop Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test scenarios, and Test scripts. Create Test Strategy / Test Data Requirements
- Test Data Warehouses/Data Marts
- Deploy and maintain Data Warehouses/Data Marts
- Write SQL statements to profile and analyze data
- Work concurrently on several projects, each with specific instructions that may differ from project to project
- Ensure that quality processes are carried out through all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Design and implement efficient and effective functional design solutions
- Work closely with the Business and Developers to ensure requirements are met
- Understanding of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle, and using Agile Methodology and Tools
- Respond to customer inquiries and production issues
- Document, discuss and resolve business, data, and reporting issues within the team, across functional teams, and with business stakeholders
- Partner with Business during User Acceptance Testing, assist business users in defining User Acceptance Testing, test cases and plans. Actively participate in user group meetings to review use cases and review Test Results prior to UAT start
- Present written and verbal data analysis findings, to both the project team and business stakeholders
- Monitor activities associated with responsible domains – job monitoring, issue identification, documentation, analysis, and resolution
- Continually look for ways to eliminate/reduce, streamline, and automate
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of Data Analysis experience
- 5+ years of relational database experience
- 5+ years of complex SQL script writing experience
- 5+ years of experience testing
- 3+ years of experience with Agile/Scrum project management methodology and Agile tools (e.g., Rally or Jira)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 5+ years of Healthcare Data Analysis experience
- 3+ years of SQL or Teradata experience
- 3+ years of UNIX /Perl/Python scripting experiences
- 3+ years of experience with ETL tool
- 3+ years working on large data warehouse/big data projects
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Experience in an onshore/offshore model environment
- Experience with Data stage ETL tool
- Experience with Enterprise scheduling tools like Airflow, TWS
- CA Agile Rally
- Operations/production support
- Knowledge of open source tools and technologies like KAFKA and Github
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.