Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Our Client Data Integration team is hiring!
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer who is excited by the opportunity to provide technical leadership to a growing data team.
The selected candidate will be on the ground floor as we roll out a number of new Big Data technologies.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Engage in all phases of the development life cycle to lead the design, development and implementation of data interfaces supporting enterprise operations, reporting and analytics
- Demonstrate solid working knowledge of extract, transform and load (ETL) development using H-Scale, as well as other big data, SQL Server and NoSQL technologies
- Interact with technical and non-technical customers to understand requirements and implement relevant data solutions
- Architect, design, develop, implement, configure and document current and future big data solutions in on premise or cloud environments that support enterprise operations, reporting and analytics needs
- Proactively and continuously identify, evaluate and recommend integration and delivery process improvements
- Provide technical leadership to a small team of big data engineers, refining and ensuring adherence to best practices for coding, process documentation, performance optimization, maintainability, etc.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years designing, developing and implementing solutions in Hadoop environments
- 5+ years supporting technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience in backend programming, particularly:
- Expertise with HDFS, Airflow, Nifi, Hive, Spark SQL
- Proficiency with big data technologies such as:
- Proficiency with SQL scripting
- Ability to write reliable, scalable, manageable and highly efficient code using big data tools to support ingestion and presentation
- Experience defining and implementing data quality and transformation rules
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix, distributed computing, networks and network security
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing projects
- Effective oral and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent systems and data analysis skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.