Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for establishing solid data requirements to integrate data from all the markets into the CareData Platform
- Establish measurement criteria and systems to track daily processes, implementation of new initiatives and value creation
- Translate new CDO initiatives into actions through a thoughtful, organized, and well-planned approach
- Establish clear communication mechanisms to all downstream consumers of data
- Document business requirements for new structures in the data warehouse to support healthcare data analytics and reporting initiatives
- Create user stories/product backlogs to support key business use cases
- Generate standard or custom reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review by executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders
- Identify sources required to flow into the data warehouse and conducted data profiling
- Work with the project team (both technical and business) to ensure requirements are accurate and clearly understood by those participating in the project
- Work with business and technical teams to discuss functional design concepts and alternatives necessary to meet requirements
- Create source to target documents which includes not only mapping data element and data types but also identifying rules, calculations, filters to integrate data appropriately
- Recognize problems and make recommendations/decisions on the best course of action to remediate
- Help define acceptance test objectives, test cases, and assist in system and integration testing
- Self-accountable for clear understanding of mission and goals for role and department. Achieves goals and helps to create an environment that fosters team commitment and employee engagement
- Support practices, policies and operating procedures and ensures alignment to departmental objectives and strategy
- Build strong relationship with IT operational leaders to ensure connectivity to the business
- Mentor or lead a small team of data analysts as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management or similar
- 5+ years of Data Engineering experience
- 5+ years of advanced level SQL experience and understanding of querying relational databases
- 5+ years of experience communicating with senior level business leaders and stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience with data warehouses/marts, relational database architecture, design and development
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, Kanban
- Background in healthcare data
- Experience with Azure, Databricks and Snowflake
- Experience with data quality and profiling tools
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.