Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
This role will be responsible for supporting data needs for HEDIS data submissions, HEDIS Technical Specification based development, reporting and analytic requests from all CDO’s. This role will also be on point to support the increasing ad-hoc requests from our CDO partners related to mapping all SDS claims for MY2021 in the OI Big Data environment, reporting and development of reporting within the CPQ on a monthly basis for Cozeva vs GAP in care reporting and supporting Primary Source Verification reporting and analytics. This role will have the knowledge to extract key data from MS SQL Data bases and other UHG enterprise data structures and provide it to CPQM leads that will help drive their strategy to achieve 4+ star rating. This resource will help lead discussions with customers and CPQ internal clients to understand business requirements, identify data, reporting needs and work IT and business teams to establish regular reporting and data deliverables. This resource will help with the creation of Business Requirement Documentation, Functional Specifications, QA/QC documentation, continued enhancement of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)s related to full project life cycle from initiation to post deployment, measure level reporting and other data/reporting requests as needed. The role will help with project management tasks as needed
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead discussions with customers to understand business requirements, data needs and reporting needs
- Help gather requirements and create BRDs
- Communicate project progress to stakeholders and business leaders at every step of the project
- Ability to work across cross-functional teams to identify business, data and reporting needs and assist where needed
- Support short- and long-term operational/strategic business activities through business and data analysis
- Develop relationships with clients to foster collaboration. Exhibit confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project leaders
- Help with project management tasks as needed
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Work with product owners to develop business cases, as required
- Consult with and advise product owners when defining product release content and timeline, applying product development principles, innovative thinking and a focus around the customer or user experience
- Assist with the elaboration of the user stories and requirements, supporting team members with their work where required
- Analyze, review, forecast and trend complex data, reviewing the analysis and interpretation of others’ work
- Develop and implement effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes
- Support short- and long-term operational/strategic business activities through analysis
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Health Administration or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Business Analysis including experience with a solid understanding of data storage structures
- Experience in analysis of business processes and workflows, and providing evaluations, benchmarks, and/or process improvement recommendations
- Working knowledge of SQL queries and BI Tools
- 2+ years of CMS Star Specification and NCQA HEDIS measure requirements knowledge
- Experience gathering business requirements
- Expertise in working closely with business and IT stakeholders to define problems and design large-scale, enterprise class solutions
- Develop analysis and design of transactional systems and/or programs
- Assist subordinates with debugging whenever necessary
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.