UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Accountable for data engineering lifecycle including research, proof of concepts, architecture, design, development, test, deployment and maintenance
- Design, develop, implement and run cross-domain, modular, optimized, flexible, scalable, secure, reliable and quality data solutions that transform data for meaningful analyses and analytics while ensuring operability
- Design, develop, implement and run data solutions that improve data efficiency, reliability and quality, and are performant by design
- Layer in instrumentation in the development process so that data pipelines can be monitored. Measurements are used to detect internal problems before they result into user visible outages or data quality issues
- Build processes and diagnostics tools to troubleshoot, maintain and optimize solutions and respond to customer and production issues
- Embrace continuous learning of engineering practices to ensure industry best practices and technology adoption, including DevOps, Cloud and Agile thinking
- Tech debt reduction/ Tech transformation including Open-source adoption, Cloud adoption, HCP assessment and adoption
- Contribution to our industry community and strive to reuse and share components wherever possible across the organization
- Maintain high quality documentation of data definitions, transformations, and processes to ensure data governance and security
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Interprets policies and applies experience
- Works independently
- Has responsibility and capability to work multi-platforms
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of experience and fully proficient with developing in Big Data tools such as Spark/Scala, Snowflake, Jenkins, GitHub, Maven, Parquet etc.
- 5+ years of experience and fully proficient with gathering business requirements and analyzing data
- 5+ years of experience and fully proficient with client relations/customer service
- 5+ years of experience and fully proficient with the capability to work multiplatform environments
- Cloud experience (Azure/AWS/GCP)
- Background in healthcare
- Spark with Scala
- Data Analysis
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.