- Design, implement and maintain an enterprise Data Warehouse along with the various ingestion patterns
- Develop, test, deploy and schedule complex ETL/ELT solutions to integrate multiple data assets across the organization
- Research and evaluate alternative approaches, design and code efficient and effective solutions for challenging problems ranging from small to large work efforts
- Ability to act as a lead developer responsible for the planning, completion and coordination of work activity for projects involving more than one developer
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to improve code or data quality
- Participate in agile work environment, attending daily scrum meetings and completing sprint deliverables on time
- 4 or more years of experience with writing SQL queries and stored procedures with relational databases
- 3 or more years of experience with programming languages (shell scripts, Python, Java/Scala)
- 3 or more years of working knowledge in a Data Warehouse/BI environment
- 2 or more years of experience in Snowflake, ETL and Database Schemas
- 2 or more years of experience in Design and development of well documented source code
- 1 or more years of experience in the use of CI/CD pipelines such as GitHub and Jenkins
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering field
- Willingness to work and Agile DevOps model
- Solid analytical and technical aptitude
- Understanding of a variety of modeling and/or diagramming techniques, with the ability to create process flow diagrams and the ability read data flow and entity relationship models
- Experience with Scala / Python / Spark
- Experience with Airflow or equivalent job scheduling tool experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.