About Patelco Credit Union
We’re here to help people in communities throughout Northern California build financially healthy lives. We do this by being attentive and partnering with our members to understand what is financially best for them. We thrive on change, and we put people first. If you’re looking to use your skills and knowledge to make a difference in the lives of others, we look forward to hearing from you.
Patelco is a not-for-profit credit union, serving the financial needs and aspirations of more than 400,000 members. What we earn, we return to our members in savings from lower loan rates, fewer fees, and personalized service that focuses on transparency, simplicity, and trust. Our mission remains the same as when we started in 1936, to provide products, services, education and expertise that will empower our members to rise up and achieve financial freedom.
**This position has the opportunity to work remote from California only.**
The Senior Data Engineer is a key contributor to the data and analytics strategy which will transform Patelco as a data-driven organization and position our Credit Union as a technology leader. This position is responsible for the design, development, deploy and operations of data analytics in Modern Cloud Data & Analytics platform.
You will be part of a passionate, highly collaborative team who works in a fast-paced agile environment. You will work closely with business & technology owners, product managers, data champions and cross-functional teams to support data & analytical needs and enable data-as-a-service function.
The ideal candidate will be a experienced data engineering & analytics professional, excels in delivering value, familiar with modern data architectures, offering comprehensive data & analytical technology skills in Data Pipelines, Snowflake, Cloud Data & Analytics Platforms, Data Warehouse, BI Analytics & Dashboards. Preferable to have financials services domain experience from banking, credit union, fintech and other financial sectors.
- Develops and delivers data & analytics solutions and projects to meet organizational priorities and timelines.
- Analyzes enterprise and external data sources, creates optimized & resilient data pipelines to ingest and enriches them.
- Designs analytical consume ready data models by applying modern data warehouse techniques. Creates and enriches curated data models while ensuring conformed, transformed, enriched and connected data sets
- Enables dashboards/reports in Tableau; Applies analytical mindset in deriving data driven insights, designs & creates intuitive dashboards and scorecards.
- Practices and adheres to enterprise data standards, guidelines, data management architecture. Finds opportunities to improve best practices, identifies repeatable solutions to underlying problems.
- Works with offshore and external partner resources and owns delivery of work items.
- BS. in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience in data & analytics technologies/solutions as data engineer or related roles
- Proficient level data engineering skills using Cloud Data Platforms – Snowflake, ELT/ETL mechanisms, Informatica – IICS, Stored procedures to ingest structured, semi-structured datasets using files, and RDBMS – SQL Server.
- Proficient in data analysis using Tableau, SQL, and other data analysis techniques.
- Expertise with data operations, sustaining data pipelines and production system processes.
- Experience in applying Data management patterns to measure & monitor data quality. Applying data governance standards and creating technical data dictionary.
- Experience in SDLC Processes, CI/CD and Agile Methodologies.
- Ability to work with Jira, Share Point, Confluence, Git.
- Innovative problem solving, and Can-do mind set. Outcome oriented and always finds a way deliver commitments.
- Fast learner and quickly adopts to dynamic environment. Ability to work in a fast-paced agile team environment.
- Applies & demonstrates Team-First mindset. Collaborates with team for data & analytics platform maturity
- Financial services background with preference to domain experience in Credit Union, Banking, Fintech.or other financial sectors.
- An inspiring career that benefits both you and your community
- Hybrid work schedule that allows flexibility for remote work
- Competitive compensation packages with bonus opportunity
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision benefits with minimal eligibility waiting period
- Generous 401(k) with 3% Safe Harbor and 5% employer match
- Discounts on loan products
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Center at HQ and rewards for healthy habits
- Close proximity to BART, restaurants and shopping
Patelco Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran