Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Developing complex business intelligence solution and supporting data strategy leveraging acquired subject matter expertise to identify/inform opportunities/risks
- Developing complex dashboards, scorecards, reports, Business Objects reports/universes and data analysis
- Improve the delivery and management of health and human services programs by utilizing advanced analytics, including but not limited to advanced algorithms, data visualizations, and maps
- Developing and maintaining complex SQL queries and scripts used to create tables, views, and data marts in Teradata
- Participating in project discussions to document and recommend alternative technical solutions or requirements
- Participating in unit, integration, and system testing
- Maintaining effective communication and relationships with all individuals involved with the project
- Gathering business requirements and preparing analyses based on information from internal and external sources to evaluate and demonstrate program effectiveness and efficiency supporting projects and change requests
- Performing peer-reviews and providing technical support/guidance to the project team
- Supporting the project manager and leadership in project planning and executing activities, including presentations, risks/issues, and status reporting
- Demonstrating deliverables to the team or the customers for approval and gain buy-in to implement solutions or adapt to new products/services/programs
- Working with the DBAs, data modelers, and application/system admins to support maintaining the Teradata and application server hardware and software (including patches, fixes, and upgrades) and leading industry level standards or best practices
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelors or Advanced Degree in a related field such as Information Technology/Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Analytics, Business Technology
- 5+ years of experience developing, implementing, and maintaining complex MS Power BI dashboards, visualizations, and analytics
- 5+ years developing complex business intelligence solutions
- 5+ years developing SAP Business Objects reports
- 5+ years of data warehouse project experience
- 5+ years Teradata version 14+ experience, including SQL Assistant/Teradata Studio
- Proven solid development of high performing SQL with 5+ years of experience developing complex SQL scripts (Teradata/DB2/Oracle Load Utilities) or stored procedures
- Experience adapting to and collaborating with the team and organizational culture
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, end client-facing skills, team collaboration, and mentoring skills
- Solid organization skills and ability to set priorities and schedule work deadlines
- 2+ years of experience analyzing and delivering complex analytics using Medicaid claims, and enrollment data
- Experience in SAP Business Objects or SAS is nice to have
- Experience with State Medicaid / Medicare / Healthcare industry
- Experience in BO version upgrades
- Experience in Agile
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone’of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income’deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.