Sr. Data Engineer – Contract US
HOURLY RATE DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE
A leader in the video streaming service is looking for a Sr. Data Engineer.
You will be in charge of expanding, improving, and extending the streaming media data pipeline architecture, streaming data, data collection, and data sharing as a data engineer. The ideal applicant should like working with data, has expertise in enhancing and troubleshooting data systems, and has experience working on data pipelines. They will assist teams from various departments inside the firm with various activities. You will be responsible for ensuring that projects are completed within the defined scope while also planning for and managing uncertain future data requirements in a fluid environment. This job is entirely remote.
- Build and maintain large-scale data structures and pipelines to organize data for new and existing projects and data products
- Build scalable infrastructure required for optimal ETL/ELT of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Snowflake, BigQuery, Python, and AWS technologies
- Monitor and optimize data delivery and develop tools for real-time and offline analytics as well as recommend ways to constantly improve data quality and reliability
- Participate in the assessment, selection, and integration processes of our big data platform required to satisfy business needs ensuring that all systems meet business objective
- Design, construct and maintain disaster recovery procedures
- Collaborate with business intelligence analysts to appropriately use data structures
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
A successful candidate will likely have the following skills and experience:
- 4+ years of experience building scalable applications using cloud databases: Snowflake, BigQuery preferred.
- Solid understanding of cloud database architectures, schema development, data modeling – Snowflake, Redshift, MongoDB, etc.
- Proficient in Python, SQL and AWS cloud services (including Redshift, Athena, and Glue)
- Highly analytical and collaborative qualities with technical, strategic and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of analytic tagging management solutions and mobile tracking platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Kochava, etc
- Apache Airflow
- Industry experience in video streaming