Experis, a ManpowerGroup company, has an exciting contract opportunity with one of our key clients, which provides a range of industry-leading pet food, snacks and cat litter products based upon deep expertise in pet nutrition and health.
Job Title: Sr. Data Engineer
Location: 100% Remote
Duration: 12 months Contract with possible extensions
As a Sr. Data Engineer, you will be part of a team dedicated to delivering quality and efficient solutions for our manufacturing sites through data strategy and quality. You will work with the Machine Learning Team to identify data sets that will need to be developed and deployed into the Azure platform. You will be responsible for transforming and developing data solutions to support improving efficiency and quality within our factories.
- Construct, deploy, test and support solutions and applications to transform data for end-user consumption using Python, Azure Data factory, Inmation, and Databricks.
- Construct, deploy, test and support data storage in large data constructs as well as relational and other database technologies.
- Assess and evaluate system designs to ensure adherence to architecture and design best practices.
- Provide data analysis of internal and external data sources for transformation and delivery to end user solutions.
- Develop notebooks for processing and monitoring data flows in Databricks with Python
- Enable Power BI users and solutions by delivering data via Dataflows, Datasets, and other methods.
- Ensure developed applications are compliant and adhere to all applicable client compliance standards.
- Contribute to team objectives through iterative and agile development practices.
- 3+ years of experience with ETL processes and cloud technologies.
- Prior experience with data architecture principles, and functional knowledge and understanding of data engineering, design, and integration.
- Previous development experience within Python writing code from scratch in a work environment.
- Experience with query languages SQL, MDX, and DAX.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Platform. In particular, the data processing toolsets including Azure Data Factory Pipelines, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Lake Storage.
- Experience using Azure DevOps or Jira or a source control tracking system.
- Experience with Historian, Sensors, or IOT.
- Knowledge of additional programming languages (C# or Java).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.