You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
- The Hartford's Enterprise Data Organization is seeking a Sr. Data Engineer/Tech Lead in our Hartford, CT office. We are seeking a talented professional with a proven track record of engineering and operationalizing a next generation analytics solution suite using Cloud (AWS) and Big Data Technologies. Our ideal candidate will leverage deep technical expertise and strong communication skills to deliver both invest and maintenance projects within the Customer Data portfolio. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and develop high quality, scalable software modules for next generation analytics solution suite
- Prototype high impact innovations, catering to changing business needs, by leveraging new technologies (AWS Cloud and Big Data)
- Possesses functional knowledge and skills reflective of a competent practitioner with the ability to deliver on work of highest technical complexity
- Consults with functional management in the analysis of short and long-range business requirements and recommends innovations which anticipate the future impact of changing business needs
- Works closely with client management to identify and specify the complex business requirements and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., Cloud, host based, distributed systems, client server), software, hardware, technologies and tools
- Provides highly technical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies that assist the functional business units in meeting their strategic objectives
- Reviews the disaster recovery plan to ensure that new systems promote uninterrupted systems operation
- Coordinate activities with cross-functional IT unit stakeholders (e.g., database, operations, telecommunications, technical support, etc.)
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost-effective solution for the systems design
- Formulates logical statements of business problems and devises, tests and implements efficient, cost effective application program solutions (e.g., codes and/or reuses existing code through the use of program development software alternatives and/or integrates purchased solutions)
- Prepares charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems, utilizing various business, scientific, engineering and mathematical techniques. Analyzes existing system and programming logic to provide more efficient machine operations or to identify difficulties, and revises the logic and procedures involved as necessary
- Primary technical point of contact for interaction with other cross-functional units and teams.
- Assign personnel to the various projects or application components, and direct their activities
- Review, evaluate and prepare periodic activity and progress reports for the team
- Bachelors degree with at least 7 years of applicable work experience.
- 7+ years ETL / Data Integration / Big Data / Cloud (AWS) Technologies experience
- AWS / Big Data Technologies certification preferred
- Knowledge of Oracle, Talend, Unix/Linux Shell scripting, Autosys scheduling tool, Sub Version, version control Tools
- Strong data warehouse applications knowledge in financial/insurance domain is preferred
- Knowledge of Erwin modeling, Big Data Distributed Processing (HDFS, Spark, Pypspark), AWS, Data Analytical languages R, Python preferred
- Experience with one or more SQL-on-Hadoop technology (Spark SQL, Presto, Hive)
- Experience developing software code in on or more programming languages (Java, Python, Scala etc.)
- Experience with Snowflake cloud data platform including hands-on experience with snowflake utilities like SnowSQL, Snow pipe.
- Experience working with semi-structured data (XML, JSON)
- Experience in building and automation of data ingestion in near-real time from cloud blob storage
- Experience working on change data capture (CDC) with Streams & Tasks
- Experienced in Agile and Kanban Methodologies
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartfords total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$108,480 – $162,720
Our companys success is due to our employees dedication and passion for their work. They are our greatest asset. Thats why we are committed to offering employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package and award-winning well-being programs. By helping our employees achieve their full potential, we unlock our own. Visit https://www.thehartford.com/careers/benefits for details.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Sr Data Engineer – GE07BE