Careers that Change Lives
Acquired by Medtronic the world’s largest medical device company in 2019, Digital Surgery is a part of the Surgical Robotics operating unit. The company was founded by two surgeons to realize the mission of bringing safe and standardized surgical care to patients around the world.
Having a strong and proven foundation in innovation, and in particular computer vision and machine learning, Digital Surgery is on the frontier of healthcare image and video analysis. The company is beginning to explore possibilities outside of the Operating Room and minimally invasive surgery, where its existing technology is leading the market in terms of cloud-connected, machine-learning solutions. Imaging and video modalities are ubiquitous across healthcare specialties why should we stop at minimally invasive surgery?
A Day in the Life
As a Data Engineer within the Machine Learning team in Digital Surgery, you will help design, implement, and support data pipelines, data transformations and storage as part of our machine learning development pipeline. You will build efficient data storage and real-time data access solutions to a growing collection of video & image data using cloud-based databases and object storage.
- Build and improve existing data pipelines to speed up development lifecycle
- Improve database access to speed up ML model development
- Work with ML and platform engineers to identify new technologies to handle high volumes of data
- Collaborate with the ML team to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- BSc or MSc in computer science, mathematics, or similar relevant experience.
- Solid understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Professional experience with Python and common data processing packages (pandas, numpy etc.)
- Knowledge of AWS services: S3, EC2, ECS.
Nice to Haves
- Experience working with machine learning workflows would be a bonus.
- Experience with DAGs and pipeline orchestration tools (Airflow, Luigi, Metaflow etc.)
- Familiarity with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package to all our employees:
- Flexible working environment
- Annual Incentive Plan % depending on company results
- Pension scheme and group discount on healthcare insurances
- Training possibilities via Cornerstone/Harvard Manage Monitor/Skills Lab
- Employee Assistance Program and Recognize! (our global recognition program)
Bold thinking. Bolder actions. We are Medtronic.
We lead global healthcare technology and boldly attack the most challenging health problems facing humanity by searching out and finding solutions. Our Mission to alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life unites a global team of 90,000+ passionate people. Powered by our diverse knowledge, insatiable curiosity, and desire to help all those who need it, we deliver innovative technologies that transform the lives of two people every second, every hour, every day.
When joining Medtronic, you’ll become part of a company that is recognised as a Top Employer for 2022 in multiple countries throughout Europe. Every day we strive to engineer the extraordinary all the while delivering excellent employee experiences and practices benefitting you and your career. Read more about Top Employers.
Expect more from us as we empower insight-driven care, experiences that put people first, and better outcomes for our world.
In everything we do, we are engineering the extraordinary.
Is this the position you were waiting for? Then please apply directly via the apply button!
- Posting Date: Oct 20, 2022
- Travel: No