Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
As a Sr. Data Analyst, you will be working on the Chart Review analytics and business processes for OptumInsight's Risk, Quality and Provider Enablement business. You will have the opportunity to work on complex data issues and design robust operational processes with preventive controls that are critical for our internal and external clients/payers.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Understand Risk Adjustment and Chart Review analytics/data/processes in detail
- Research and analyze refinements to the existing analytics and operational processes
- Perform data analysis to debug or research solutions to business problems using PySpark
- Build & automate new processes/convert existing SAS processes to PySpark with built-in quality checks
- Maintain & Support operational processes related to Chart Review
- 5+ years of experience working with relational data (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL or similar databases)
- 5+ years of data analysis experience
- High proficiency in SQL and experience handling large volumes of data
- Knowledge/experience working with NoSQL databases (HBase, HIVE or similar)
- Knowledge/experience working on Python, Spark
- Knowledge/experience with automating/scheduling processes in the big data platform
- Undergraduate or above in an engineering or other quantitative field
- Experience working for a healthcare organization
- Experience with analyzing data in a Big Data environment
- Knowledge of Risk Adjustment and Claims
- Knowledge of reporting tools
- Solid organization and collaboration skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.