Sr Analyst, DACI Analytics – IoT, Store Inventory, & Asset Protection
Charlotte, NC open to Fully remote
Are you a DATA JUNKIE with a bias for VALIDATED LEARNING EXPERIMENTS, a curiosity that drives you to DIVE DEEP to discover and then surface RESULTS-DRIVING INSIGHTS and an OBSESSION for making life better for CUSTOMERS? Then the Lowes Store Inventory Management System (SIMS) needs YOU to join the team. We are attacking a $B+ opportunity by transforming the way our Associates find and move Store Inventory to deliver the right home improvement products to the right locations to create a seamless, simple, experience for Customer we serve.
The primary purpose of this role is to help Lowe's become more efficient at serving our Customers. In this role, you will identify and/or validate business problems, translate them into analytic designs, and perform the quantitative analysis or model building needed to help guide key business decisions for Associate processes and mobile app experiences. This role must follow analytical best practices, analyze and report accurate results, and identify meaningful insights that directly support decision making.
This role leverages multiple resources, advanced analytic methodologies and data streams to support recommendations for business decisions. You will independently lead analytic and automation projects while partnering primarily with manager and senior associate-level Store Operations staff, software development engineers and product managers to provide expertise in problem analysis, solution implementation, and ongoing optimization opportunities in the assigned business area.
To be successful, the individual in this role must have a deep understanding of analytical techniques and disparate data sources – both internal and external, and strong domain expertise. At times, the individual in this role reviews his/her work with a Lead Analyst.
- Gathers and assimilates information/data, sometimes in partnership with more junior level analysts, using known tools, techniques, methods and models to ensure an accurate and concise output summarizing findings; discusses analysis and findings with the team before delivering to stakeholders
- Performs operational or customer behavior modeling and analysis in order to provide quality insight
- Creates analytic solutions by exploring innovative data and techniques; conducts exploratory data analysis and modeling
- Builds predictive and prescriptive models supporting a vast array of customer and business
- Utilizes a depth of knowledge of how to best leverage disparate data sources, relevant external data and strong domain expertise, in order to deliver on a need of the business
- Provides technical skills to analytics projects, performing more advanced project analysis and data modeling, ultimately ensuring that the final deliverable is high-quality and provides impactful insights
- Translates a business question into an analytical model that can be utilized and executed by the business; Collects, cleans, transforms, and restructures data for statistical analysis; performs statistical summaries and tests for relevant business questions
- Maintains consistency in analytic practices by brainstorming and partnering with the Lowe's DACI (Data Analytics and Computational Intelligence) organization
- Develops solid hypotheses, in collaboration with business partners, on how value can be created; builds analytical models, analyses, or tests to validate/disprove these hypotheses and develops actionable recommendations for the business
- Track measures of success and develop dashboard reports that measure customer and operational metrics for one or more of Lowe's operations, driving actionable insights
- Translates project requirements into analytical problem(s), sometimes partnering with more junior level analysts, asking the right questions and validating understanding of requirements with manager or more senior level analysts
- Offers insight and recommendations based on the data analysis for review by more senior level analysts; discusses and incorporates ideas from more junior level analysts
- Maintains updated knowledge of evolving technology and methods that can be used for effective data analysis
- Provides input into the framework for measuring impact of the data analytics function; participates in discussions of impact with stakeholders after projects
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Data or Information Sciences, or related field AND 3 years of related experience
- Master's Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Data or Information Sciences, or related field AND 1 year of related experience
- 2 years of experience using analytic tools (e.g., Python, SQL, SAS, R, Adobe, Alteryx, Knime, Aster, Base SAS, SAS Enterprise Miner, Enterprise Guide)
- 1 year of experience working with Enterprise level databases (e.g., Hadoop, Teradata, Aster, GCP, Azure, Oracle, DB2, Snowflake, Presto)
- 2 years of experience using enterprise-grade data visualization tools (e.g., Power BI, Tableau, Domo, Superset)
- 1 year of functional experience performing predictive analytics at a large scale enterprise
- Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, or related area
- Experience with business intelligence and reporting tools (e.g., Business Objects, Cognos, TM1, Alteryx, SSIS, SQL, Svr) and Enterprise level databases (Hadoop, GCP, Azure, Oracle, Teradata, DB2)
- Experience working with big, unstructured data in a retail environment
- Experience with analytical tools like Python, Alteryx, Knime, SAS, R, etc.
- Experience with visualization tools like, Power BI, SAS-VA, Tableau, D3, R-Shiny
- Programming experience using tools such as R, Python
- Data Science experience using tools such as ML, Text mining
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Project management experience
- Experience in home improvement retail
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.