Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Technology is out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. Our team is focused on driving change, modernization, and ensuring reliable and stable systems so that we can help to transform health care – making it easier, more affordable, and more effective for those we serve. We are passionate about technology and the role it plays to create distinctive experiences to our constituents. While we are always focused on how technology can help us deliver faster and with improved quality, we are far more enthusiastic about the ways technology can reinvent how we deliver on our mission in partnership with our lines of business and Optum Technology.
The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. The UnitedHealth Group family of businesses is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace every day by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, but we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. #otuhctech #otutswe
If you're in, you'll be challenged like never before.
Meaningful work in a healthcare technology company that is ranked #5 on the Fortune 500 list
An environment that is collaborative, diverse, friendly, and fun
Cross functional teams that solve problems, while leveraging cutting edge technology
To learn about our corporate culture, employee benefits and other important aspects of our organization,please click here.
As part of our Consumer Engineering team, you will join Optum Digital’s Core Eligibility team as a Senior Backend Software Engineer. The team is responsible for building an eligibility and identity platform that powers all product lines of Optum Digital. The eligibility platform helps resolve user identity based on healthcare data and brings a consistent user experience regardless of the products. You will partner with product managers and other engineers to build a world-class, cloud-native eligibility platform using Scala, Play, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka, and more. You will be involved in every step of the software development cycle. As long as you are interested in learning Scala, we will support you to become effective quickly.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Architect and develop scalable authorization and eligibility solutions for both web and mobile applications
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, including development, code reviews, testing and monitoring
- Develop APIs and microservices primarily in Scala
- Build scalable systems, libraries, and frameworks
- Develop database models using appropriate database technologies, including PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Manage code changes using Git and GitHub
- Mentor other junior members on the team
- Support production by systematically debugging, mitigating, and implementing long-term solutions
- 3+ years of experience with Scala, Java, C# or other compiled languages
- 3+ years of experience with building backend systems for web or mobile
- 3+ years of experience with relational or NoSQL database concepts
- Industry experience with distributed, high-performance systems
- Experience with cloud-based services and hosting (AWS and/or Azure)
- BS in Computer Science, or a related technical field or equivalent experience or training
- Experience with microservice architecture and paradigms
- Experience with Scala or other functional programming languages
- Experience with high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques
- Experience in healthcare industry
- Locations: First Preference: Hybrid Work Schedule in our offices: Washington, DC, Chicago, IL, Minneapolis, MN, Denver, CO or San Francisco, CA. Second Preference: Remote/Telecommute U.S. Nationwide
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.