100% Remote (Quarterly onsite in Greensboro, NC) / Be a key player in helping us increase revenue from digital services by building & launching of multitude of services and solutions via our Digital Product Factory team
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Julia Toms
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $130,000 – $160,000 per year
A bit about us:
We build the worlds most advanced and reliable diesel and electric semi-trucks, buses, marine engines, heavy construction equipment, and autonomous vehicle solutions. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport with the highest safety and minimal environmental impact. Founded in 1927, we are global organization with more than 100,000 people based in 36 countries. Our ambition for 2030 is to be 100% safe, fossil-free and more productive, and to have 50% of revenues coming from areas other than our physical products. The shift is here, are you in?
Why join us?
We offer top notch company culture, employee benefits, career growth, and have a trusted brand in our market.
Competitive base salary + bonus
Medical, Dental, Vision coverage on day 1 of employment
Generous 401k match and employer contribution that increases with tenure
Generous PTO + 7 company paid holidays
Swedish organizational culture with an emphasis on work life balance – we make sure you enjoy quality time away from work
Remote work opportunities and flexible working hours
Clear career path & extensive training and career development opportunities
We are looking for a talented Senior Backend Java Developer to build advanced autonomous vehicle monitoring systems using containerized microservices in the cloud for a leading producer of diesel and electric powered semi-trucks, buses, and heavy equipment
- Work within a project team that delivers high-quality products in an Agile delivery environment
- Interact with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
- Analyze user stories for validity and feasibility
- Develop effective, defect free source code that meets business requirements and team standards.
- Contribute to technical alternatives for complex business problems and roadmaps.
- Develop unit test cases to verify code
- Participates and supports release process
- Develop and support of deployment tools and standard procedures.
- Identify changes that make the system(s) more efficient and/or reduces operation or maintenance costs.
- 7+ years of experience with backend and middle-tier Java development
- Java 8 and up, with proficiency on Collections, Stream, Concurrency, and Messaging (JMS)
- Spring MVC, Spring Boot and Spring Security with JPA/Hibernate
- Container orchestration with Docker & Kubernetes or OpenShift with AWS
- Relational databases: Oracle and/or PostgreSQL
- Test Driven Development, Agile methodology, and GIT source control
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.