Robert Walters have patterned with a market leading Energy company who are looking for a Solution Architect to join for a initial 3 month contract (inside IR35) the role is very likely to extend and is based in Coventry.
- fully remote
- upto £600 a day (Inside IR35)
Your part in our journey:
As a Solution Architect you will be responsible for leading and shaping the end to end solution architecture across our business energy proposition. Your solution designs will help evolve our technology landscape and industry interaction processes. You will act as the key architecture point of contact, proactively engaging with the following functions: Customer Service, Marketing, Billing, Collections, Metering and Projects to deliver our business outcomes.
Day to day you will be required to direct, produce or govern high quality, fit for purpose solution designs aimed at meeting functional and non-functional requirements that adhere to our reference architectures, as well as current technology industry standards and best practice.
You will be in a key position to be able to provide technology consultancy to your business and IT colleagues working within your business areas.
Your part in the team:
You will be a team player within the Architecture team and an important part of our Business & Technology team with a clear focus on delivery. You will significantly contribute to the Architecture team's input into our energy transition journey by assisting in translating business strategies and priorities into target architectures through coherent solution designs, reference architectures, patterns and standards.
You will play a lead role in influencing the technology choices and thinking at the senior management level across the business. We need you to help us put the Customer at the centre of our business through the technology we deliver.
Your responsibilities will include:-
- Active contribution to the project team from project inception to completion.
- Be the technical point of contact in conjunction with internal IT staff for assigned project/programme and associated tasks.
- Full technical analysis at project feasibility stage including systems and technical input required for business cases and deliver associated documentation.
- Actively liaise with key stakeholders to gather requirements, plans, business strategy to inform your solution plans.
- Advice and make decisions about which technologies would be suitable to use for various project
- Represent and explain the technical requirements and constraints of the project / programme to IT and business management, as well as advise on any associated technical constraints, risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies in a timely manner and suitable for non-technical business stakeholders.
- Influence thinking at the senior management level across the business.
What you'll need to help you make the best of the role:
We are looking for a passionate, innovative and experienced Solution Architect with an enthusiasm for Energy to help us on our energy transition journey. You will have experience with building on the journey from a startup business to a scalable and agile enterprise. We want you to think about what our service means to the customer experience.
- At least 5 years experience working as a Solution Architect delivering designs.
- Deep knowledge of application or data integration patterns and best practices.
- API definition and development background with infrastructure knowledge.
- Experience in defining and agreeing strategic roadmaps.
- Experience working in a complex and multi-faceted organisation using a wide variety of current and legacy IT technology components.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communications.
- Technical knowledge of public cloud services (AWS, Azure)
- Ability to take own initiative and be self-organising
- Exposure to both waterfall based and agile/scrum based methodologies
- Experience in vendor interaction.
- Curiosity of current IT trends.