6-month Contract (Inside IR35)
700 – 800 p/d
Edge Tech is working with a leading marine engineering company who are undergoing a large technology transformation programme to assess and implement a new, companywide, end-to-end solution.
Our client has a number of legacy systems and the driving force behind this programme is to ensure the business can adopt a platform to successfully manage these all while transforming how the business works by making it more efficient.
As such they are looking to recruit a Solutions Architect on a contract basis to define and design the system's solution, produce detailed system requirement documents and oversee the procurement and implementation of the new solution. In addition, you will identify interim tactical solutions that can be deployed quickly to improve current business processes that complement the transformation journey to the new integrated solutions.
You will be responsible for leading the solution selection process, defining clear selection criteria and participate with senior business stakeholders on solution selection. Youll also implement processes and consistent models and blueprints to maintain traceability between strategy, programme portfolio, current and target technology landscapes and solution designs.
Due to the nature of this work, you will either have or be eligible for SC Clearance and required on-site 2 to 5 days a week work dependant.
This contract is initially 6 months but has the scope to be extended.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 6 years experience with network administration in hardware and software.
- Extensive knowledge of computer systems, operating systems, system security, database management, and web platforms.
- Hold a strong understanding of business operations and strategy.
- Awareness of and the ability to use a wide variety of software solutions.
- A bachelor's or masters degree in computer science, IT, software engineering, or computer science