This role sits within Jacob's Digital. Jacobs Digital is a central team within Jacobs driving digital across the company. Digital for us is not just about technology. Digital is client led. A transformation of how and what we provide to our clients. Creating a smarter, more connected and customer centric value proposition.
Jacobs Digital is a team of developers, incubation, product and technology solution experts who are driving digital change across Jacobs and our clients. We're customer and user focused, where digital starts with culture and new ways of working, driving new business models, whilst incorporating technology and data into all our services and solutions.
We are seeking a professional technology leader with a strong background in delivering and integrating services, software platforms and products within the water, utilities and environment sectors.
This role is responsible for combining Jacobs and 3 rd party technology with data in the most effective combination to maximise its deployment across customer requirements and the Jacobs business. With a wide array of differing projects, programmes and framework opportunities the role of the Solutions Architect is to align the customer requirements with the most appropriate Digital data, technology, services, and products (3 rd party and JACOBS IP/IC) to drive maximum benefit to both Jacobs and our customers. You will be the glue between our customer's requirements, and our products and solutions.
The successful candidate will excel in understanding customer need and framing a solution. You will proactively identify opportunities for repeatable components within customer architecture, either to drive new product incubation or in partnering with existing external products. Customer centricity is key, you will possess a strong, digital mindset to support Jacobs drive around digital culture and ways of working.
The ideal candidate will have experience in crafting customer or client-side business opportunities and utilising emerging technology to solve customer problems. The role requires creativity, the ability to consider the art of the possible, to integrate services, solutions, data and technology, and to consolidate a solution that delivers the customer outcome.
The responsibilities of the Solutions Architect will be as follows:
- The front door via which customers and Jacobs staff gain an understanding of the most appropriate technology solutions available for Water & Environment.
- Identification of new digital solutions.
- Formulation of the digital technology portfolio for new services and solutions.
- Selection of technology stack and components for bids / projects.
- Definition and documentation of functional and non-functional requirements, and the technical solution for customer challenges.
- Definition of a templated Digital offering to Tier 1 bids.
- Definition of a standardised approach to mobilisation and delivery.
- Tailored approach based on specific bid requirements.
- Engagement with IT organisation and partners on using 3 rd party platforms.
- Analysis of technology trends and opportunities.
- Collaborative working with the Product and Technical leads to clearly define and articulate bid and mobilisation strategy.
- Collaborative working with Commercial and Legal teams to define bid submissions.
- Substantial Experience in a Solution Architect role.
- Ability to translate requirements into solutions and know the art of the possible.
- A record of developing digital services & solutions to meet complex customer requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to drive solutions utilising existing and emerging technology.
- Demonstrated ability to identify gaps and opportunities.
- The ability to translate a technical solution into a customer solution and vice versa.
- A strategic mentality, with demonstrated definition and delivery of strategy.
- A passion for problem solving and creating positive customer outcomes.
- Good Communicator able to reduce complex ideas to simple terms and express these to both a non-technical and technical audience.
- Demonstrable commercial awareness & strong technical understanding.
- Demonstrable experience of innovation and a focus on market leading solutions.
- The ability to be positively disruptive and innovative, stretching wider teams through, a strong and collaborative approach and a focus on a longer-term delivery vision.
- A strong proponent of digital methodologies, such as agile and Lean Startup.
- Experience of working in the Water, Utilities or Environment Management sectors to deliver solution architecture
- Experience of GIS, SCADA, COMMON DATA ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT and Cloud platforms
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.