Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Solution Architect provides strategic and tactical assessments addressing business capability needs via application and integrated system solutions facilitated by research, design and implementation support. The position collaborates with multiple driplines across the IT organization spectrum providing consultation and leadership influencing design, standards, and policies governing business services. This individual will determine standards and configurational best practices for business application and cross system integration within business application environments.
Job involves a high degree of complexity. Duties are performed independently with minimal supervision and work is verified sometimes by results. Decisions are made within established departmental guidelines. Position has high visibility due to directly impacting teams and business workflow, service delivery and relationships with teams.
To know more about Optum Technology, click here.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- The Solution Architect’s primary responsibility is aligning a technical solution with the specific project business outcomes requiring actionable insight from advanced and traditional analytics
- Solution Architects focus on refining existing software or implementing modern technologies to combat a variety of business problems. These could include limited communication channels, data loss or inaccessibility, information security, and risk management
- Technical Architecture Specification:
- Documents provide design narratives, technical specifications, and deployment recommendations. Overall it is intended to be the design overview of the final platform deployment
- Logical Design Diagram:
- Visualization of Design narratives and technical specifications; optional as a standalone component
- Business Flow Diagram:
- High level Visio chart showing the required components and interactions between layers in the solution
- Consulting Narrative:
- Written outcomes of the consulting effort. The SA has a standard 2X4 PowerPoint Template or a standard Word Template can be used
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in the field or related area
- Expert level analysis skills in the evaluation of business service requirements
- Experiences skillset with identifying and defining reusable design patterns
- Experience with various healthcare and finance system implementation
- 10+ years of experience solution architecture design and analysis
- 5+ years multitier solution integration design
- Application design experience
- MS Office, Visio, documentation tool
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.