Job Title: Technical Architect / Solutions Architect
Must not require Visa Sponsorship
In today’s digital world, the place where technology and business come together is the platform. The Application Modernisation Services (AMS) Practice within the works with our clients to enable them to make the best out of their digital transformation. We support clients in their migration from classical application or infrastructure environment into the digital world. The scale of the changes brought by digitalisation across all industries is radically reshaping the way our customers consume technology and services. Our customers are shifting their priorities and budgets to support digital initiatives and implement various technologies. AMS is to be the partner of choice and trusted advisor of clients to address these objectives.
This role requires candidates to be eligible to obtain SC (Security Cleared)
Some of the main tasks you can expect to be involved in:
- Helping shape client requirements, and identifying innovative and competitive solutions to meet their business need.
- Alignment of client business requirements with relevant portfolio offerings, and where there are gaps or opportunities, to create new innovative solutions.
- Support development of applications/systems architectures for complex systems or an entire corporate suite of application services.
- Assure specification and design work.
- Takes responsibility for the strategy and methods used in implementing a systems architecture, ensuring the solution is deliverable and supportable.
- Participate in our architecture communities engaging local and global colleagues to ensure best practice for application architecture is adopted widely.
Skills we can’t do without:
· Technical Architect with at least 1 year of relevant experience as a Technical Architect (or equivalent role) and over 5 years experience as an IT (Information Technology) professional preferrably in development.
· Expertise in at least one of software, systems, integration, hybrid-cloud, or COTS (Commercial Off the Shelf) development/ architecture. Curious mind , with the ability to pick up and understand other technologies/domains quickly.
· Experience translating business and feature requirements into technical specifications.
· Experience communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
· Experience building effective relationships with a wide range of technical peers.
· Strong background in Agile/DevOps/Automation delivery in a scaled environment, also comfortable delivering in waterfall mechanisms as well.
· Excellent communication, stakeholder engagement and presentation skills.
Skills we would like:
· A Masters or Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences, Information Management, or similar level of education.
- Strong background in application security.
- Cloud native application development.
- Knowledge of GDS (Government Digital Service) approaches, standards, and solutions.
- Proactive, self-motivated with the ability to hold robust conversations.
- Commercial awareness and experience of supporting sales.
We will require you to stay up to date with the latest changes in software and technology that is relevant to the business or clients. We provide constant training for certifcates in cloud hyper scale providers, application development, vendor specific, integration, Agile, ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) and Open Group IT Architect Certification.
Page 2 of 2