*** SOLUTION ARCHITECT REQUIRED REMOTE WORKING ****
DURATION 6 MONTHS
DAY RATE £ COMPETITVE OUTSIDE IR35
LOCATION- REMOTE WORK BUT UK BASED
Our client is a chain of high-end department stores in the United Kingdom that is operated by Canadian group.
- Defining and maintaining the solution architecture for each initiative they are engaged on to enable successful delivery including application, data, integration, infrastructure, operations and security architecture.
- Working closely with business and information systems stakeholders to determine the most appropriate solutions for the organisation taking into account cost, benefit, timescales and constraints of the environment in which the portfolio operates.
- Undertaking options analysis to evaluate the business, information, application and technology impact as well as the cost, risks, benefits and support implications of each option.
- Reviewing third parties’ design, specification and implementation to ensure quality, coherence and consistency with solution architecture.
- Working with the Enterprise Architect(s) to ensure that the solution aligns with the IT strategy, principles, enterprise architecture and domain architectures.
- Working with the Business Analyst and Product Owners to define and agree the relevant non-functional requirements for the solution (performance, capacity, availability) and ensuring those requirements are met through solution design, both initially and in the future.
- Understanding and documenting the support impact, the activities required to support the solution, transition considerations, business change implications and on-going cost to run the solution.
- Leading the selection of any new vendors, software and hardware components required for the solution, ensuring a strong fit for the solution requirements, alignment with the enterprise architecture and principles, long-term fit for the business, cost effectiveness and flexibility.
- Contributing the solution design aspects to key project management documentation such as PIDs and business requirements documentation etc.
- Planning and estimating cost/duration of solution architecture activities necessary for successful completion of the project, including stakeholder consultation and review cycles, and ensuring those plans are reflected in project plans.
- Assisting with the planning and estimating cost/duration of activities to deliver the solution including design, development, testing, implementation, migration, launch as well as the cost of procurement of any software or hardware components.
- Identifying risks exposed by proposed solutions, identifying mitigating actions and following them through to closure.
- Ensuring that the as-built solution is delivered as designed, that any components no longer required are decommissioned, licences are released, documentation is updated, and any outstanding components / unmet requirements are appropriately handed over to be planned into later projects.
- Significant experience as a Solution Architect, Solution Designer or equivalent role within an omni-channel retail organisation or a leading Management Consultancy. This will include the definition and delivery of major change in back-office solutions and at least one of the following domains: Ecommerce, Buying & Merchandising, Logistics & Supply Chain, Finance, Omni-Channel Order Management, Customer Experience and Relationship Management (CRM).
- Extended experience in at least two IT disciplines (such as business analysis, application development, middleware, information analysis, technical architecture, service delivery).
- Experience designing and engineering applications, both packaged and bespoke, in particular mission critical business applications, distributed and multi-tier applications.
- Experience delivering solutions within an application, integration or technical subject area within a significant transformation programme through to successful delivery.
- Experience informing business stakeholders and communicating complex ideas and solution options in a simple and resonant way in order to gain buy-in and commitment.
- Experience in supporting project delivery involving both in-house and third-party design, development, testing and project management.
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunity’s employer.
Please email me email@example.com