We are currently looking for a candidate to work within an Internet and Technology Insurance company for the position of Solutions Architect.
The Solution Architect is responsible for developing the architecture and technical direction of the companies’ IT Applications, ensuring that the use of technology is aligned with the overall company direction and business strategy regarding applications, data and infrastructure. The Solution Architect will influence the activities of other IT teams to ensure that IT strategy and architectural goals are achieved through the wider virtual architecture team.
The Solution Architect will liaise with the business to align architecture strategy to business direction, whilst educating business users on the benefits of good design and service-based architecture. The Solution Architect will work closely with the Delivery Managers and Product Owners within IT to ensure that the agreed solutions are implemented according to the architectural design.
- This role is being offered on a 12-month Fixed Term Contract.
- The role is remote, with the expectation that you may be able to get into the Reigate office every fortnight (to monthly).
- We are looking for a start date of mid to late January.
- The salary for this role is between £80-90k per annum, plus additional benefits.
- Additional benefits include: Health Screening, Gym Membership, Private Medical Insurance, EAP (employee assistance programme) etc.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Extensive experience in designing and building IT applications.
- Ability to grasp new concepts and relate these to business situations
- Ability to think problems and solutions through clearly
- Demonstrable evidence of working within the full system development lifecycle process preferably using agile methodologies.
- Structured investigative and analytical skills required
- Able to understand at a detailed level how the various components of an IT infrastructure fit together.
- Able to articulate this in written and spoken words to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to influence and negotiate at all levels up to and including IT management team
- Experience of an architecture framework and methodology such as TOGAF, Zachman, etc. would be beneficial
- Experience of working in insurance or financial services sector would be beneficial
- Probably educated to degree level or equivalent.
- AWS or Java certification is desirable.
- Proven knowledge of, and previous exposure to, a wide range of technologies and the ability to relate those to the technology in use or planned;
- AWS cloud technologies, Spring Boot (SpringBoot) API’s or Micro Services, Oracle RDBMS, Linux, etc.
Strategic Technology Planning
- Develop a close understanding of the company’s direction and business strategy
- Responsible for preventing the uncontrolled proliferation of technologies.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining relevant architecture principles.
- Build relationships with business functions and other IT teams to identify the potential application of emerging technology, and to promote re-use of existing business logic, data and services.
- Understand the technologies in use within the company and by their business partners
- Responsible for defining non-functional requirements for company systems
- Define and develop the overall technology architecture philosophy and ‘big picture’, including hardware platforms, operating systems, cloud, RDBMS, middleware, etc
- No formal line management, but will coach, mentor and encourage application developers and other IT staff as required.
- Assist in recruitment into the team
- Define overall application architecture philosophy and ‘big picture’, e.g. microservices, APIs.
- Responsible for providing architecture support at project initiation stage. This may include the provision of high-level estimates or acting as a proxy for a BA or project manager.
- Responsible for developing application architecture standards and guidelines, and work with project teams to ensure that these are applied correctly.
- Facilitate the reuse of existing business logic, data, and services
- Act as a ‘critical friend’ to developers to ensure that design solutions meet the architectural guidelines.
- Ensure consistency of approach between different projects and applications.
- Responsible for providing subject matter expertise.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.