Vitality, Solutions Architect, Bournemouth, Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
We're the UK insurer and investment provider that rewards people for positive lifestyle choices. With 1.25m+ UK members and more than 25m globally, we're out to make the world a healthier, happier place.
That applies as much to our people as it does to our members. So, as well as a highly competitive pay package, you'll enjoy: Free places to Vitality sponsored run events, online fitness classes and wellbeing workshops, competitions to win tickets to top-flight sporting events, health checks, and access to our full range of partners and rewards.
About the role:
The Solutions Architect is accountable for ensuring that our technology solutions are designed and implemented according to Enterprise Architecture Requirements, Business Requirements, and IT Development Standards.
Your responsibilities as our Solutions Architect will include:
- Working closely with Business Analysts and Business Architects, designing solutions that cross technical, product and application boundaries, ensuring that changes are designed, developed and delivered into service in compliance with policies and standards
- Owning, creating and maintaining system-level Solution Design documentation and seeking relevant sign off from appropriate governance forums
- Being the SME for technology changes in order to provide estimates for new projects or product enhancements
- Driving the technical backlog with the Development team to assure technical debt is actively removed and standards are maintained
- Being the point of contact for resolving any architectural/integration issues with the designated systems
- Contributing to developing, maintaining and publishing of principles, standards, guidelines and processes at CADS (Committee, Application Development Standards)
- Contributing to Design standards and Patterns and forms part of the governing body of EADA
- Supporting Projects and Product Enhancements throughout the development and delivery lifecycle
- Assisting in Incident/Problem management, Root Cause Analysis and definition of solutions
- Working closely with the development team(s) encouraging continuous improvement in the development, build, test and maintenance of the system
What we're looking for in our Solutions Architect:
- Demonstrable experience working as a Solution Architect using a range of different technologies (ideally including Java/JEE(JBoss), .NET, Integration platforms, Microservices and including both web, mobile and back office delivered both to cloud and internal datacentre
- Demonstrable expertise in the use of appropriate tools/technologies for the design, development, build, testing & deployment of a wide range of applications
- A confident communicator – able to present complex technical issues in a clear manner to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience of Agile Methodology
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise across a number of projects and initiatives
- The ability to work independently and collaborate effectively across the organisation
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
- A self-motivated, goal-oriented individual with the ability to take ownership of the task assigned
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Financial Services experience is desirable but not essential
- Experience of transitioning or hybrid architecture frameworks
- Experience in both Waterfall and Agile Delivery models and working within the teams
Working for Vitality, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm, and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
It's what we call offering shared value, because a healthy, happy team is good for us, good for our members, and good for you.
As our Solutions Architect, you'll get the benefits our members enjoy, including:
- Our award-winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
- Access to The Vitality Programme Apple Watch, Waitrose and Partners, Garmin, Amazon Prime, Champneys Spa days, Rakuten TV, and half-price gym memberships to name a few!
- Personal health fund + Life Assurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more
- Flexible benefits package
- Internal incentives, competitions, and awards a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
- A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
Closing date: Friday 18th November 2022
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Solutions Architect,thenplease click ‘apply' today we'd love to hear from you!