Our client’s architecture practice is a fast-growing community of industry-leading experts. The practice covers all aspects of architecture for large scale technology estates, providing architecture and solution for complex transformation, cloud migration, technology consolidation and modernisation, M&A and enterprise architecture definition and management. Delivering advisory, technology vision and strategy, technology roadmaps, technology due diligence, enterprise architecture and architecture governance using our proven framework and processes.
A Solutions Architect defines architectural solutions and oversees their delivery. Working as part of an architecture team, they address diverse architectural problems. They will be actively involved in designing, researching, describing, and governing the solution design of specific business problems.
Solutions Architect Key responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership, governance and architectural direction to internal and external development teams on the design, development, implementation, and deployment of highly usable and scalable software
- Participate in system coding and engineering alongside development teams, including performing formal code reviews and providing feedback on the structure, maintainability and quality of code
- Strictly enforce and maintain adherence to best practice in the area of security, performance, scalability, usability, maintainability, and supportability of software
- Perform in-depth technology evaluations and risk assessments of vendor software, platforms and teams
- Participate in the estimation, planning, and costing of new projects and initiatives across multiple metrics
- Produce, communicate and maintain technical designs, architecture artifacts, best practice, and principles for technical and executive-level audiences,
- Lead rapid-prototyping efforts with new and emerging technologies to assess technical fit and risk,
- Lead in build versus buy assessments, working to evaluate trade-offs of various options, and present final recommendations to senior stakeholders and management
- Investigate and keep up-to-date on emerging and cutting-edge technologies, lead knowledge sharing
Solutions Architect Requirements:
- Hands on Cloud experience (AWS, Azure or GCP)
· Total of 10+ years of relevant work experience with a technical or engineering focus
- Ability to create solution prototypes and analyse technologies.
- A working knowledge/keen interest or experience of one or more of the following Cloud computing, Open Source, DevOps, Big Data, Security, AI or other technologies
- Knowledge of SDLC
- Strong problem solving skills with a flair for collaboration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to present data and findings to stakeholders in an impactful way
- Possess the drive and desire to further your skills and lead in the architecture domain
- Experience and knowledge of Big Data systems and technologies, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
- Ideally a degree in Computer Science, other Sciences, Maths – other degrees welcome with the right experience/knowledge
Solutions Architect Package: £120,000-£130,000 + Discretionary Bonus