Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude.We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
Our Product & Supply Chain IT team are looking for a Domain Solution Architect to have oversight across our Product domain. This role will be based out of London.
The Solutions Architect will create the high-level IT solution design, based on business requirements, to meet quality and performance requirements, and any technical constraints. The candidate will be expected to be passionate about technology, with an understanding of public cloud environments, web technologies and preferable experience with user-centric design. Solution Architectis a business facing role working in partnership with the Product Owner to interpret and translate requirements into a solution that is adaptive and can meet the ongoing demands of our business. Their primary focus in this role will be delivery of an App eco system supporting our finishedgoods and raw material teamsbut, when necessary, will be expected to apply their skills in other areas of the business.
This is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking and continuously evolving organisation with a globally recognised brand, where you will partner with senior stakeholders across the business to shape the direction of Product development solutions and processes.
- Develop an evolving solution architecture for projects across the Product domain, addressing business function needs and ensuring alignment with known business function priorities and roadmaps, agreeing design changes and trade-offs where pragmatic
- Ensure alignment with our roadmaps and enterprise architecture principles, standards and governance process
- Manage logical to physical design, between internal and external delivery partners
- Where required, establish and direct innovation-led proof of concepts and make recommendations on technology adoption
- Ensure that delivery projects plan for all relevant architectural governance, design reviews and gating
- Raise and resolve any architectural and project issues/risks and issues throughout the lifecycle of any delivery projects, with relevant business function and IT project team(s)
- Develop the solution acceptance criteria to ensure the integrity of any proposed solutions across our IT estate and enable communication to relevant business stakeholders
- Work with the Security and Information Risk functions to ensure any solution meet the needs of our security standards and principles
- Ensure delivery projects correctly account for solution infrastructure from an operational and supportability perspective and that all non-functional requirements (including SLAs for business continuity, availability and scalability, security) are addressed in the solution
- Ensure that the solution architecture balances functional, service quality and operational management requirements but remains bound by relevant commercial, business function and technical constraints
- Share and collaborate on technology solutions with other stakeholders, especially implementation partners to ensure skills are developed in-house and knowledge is retained
- Communicate portfolio of content and reusable solutions to suppliers and partners, ensuring the most appropriate deployment of their technology and products as possible
- Support wider IT relationship with technology vendors
- Oversee the technical acceptance of requirements and ensure the integrity of any proposed solutions across our IT estate
Skills, experience and characteristics:
- Ability to collaborate with other architects in the creation or architectural artefacts, such as roadmaps, standards, and reference models
- Ability to collaborate with Product Owners/Business analysts to pragmatically balance architectural principles against business requirements to design sustainable solutions
- Design end to end solutions that characterise what products or services are being proposed and how these services will be delivered
- Solution Architecture experience delivering React and Node.js solutions preferably within AWS, using agile delivery methodologies and working with architecture governance processes.
- Experience of working and delivering in a complex and fast-moving environment.
- Outcome and delivery focused.
- Excellent consulting, communication and business facing skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the business.
- Experience managing and leading teams.
- Experience working for a Global Fashion/Retail company desirable but not essential.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and can work independently.
- Resilience to work under pressure and manage unplanned requirements or issues.
- Creativity – taking innovative approaches to problem solving.
- Drive, Energy and Enthusiasm.
- Encourages teamwork and collaboration with a positive outcome.
- Ensures the well-being of individuals.
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrating active listening and empathy.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || IT || PRODUCT & SUPPLY CHAIN || n/a ||
Job Segment: Solution Architect, Supply Chain, Information Technology, IT Architecture, Fashion Retail, Technology, Operations, Fashion