Remote Working Opportunities Available
One of the biggest businesses you've probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it's automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences and abilities, we're able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it's only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies to excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers.
Reporting to the AVP, Solutions Architecture and will be responsible for the leadership and technical guidance in the design and implementation of technology solutions to gain competitive advantage in support of business needs and strategy.
You will also translate business requirements into implementable technology solutions that optimally balance cost, speed of delivery, and value while leveraging existing technologies and standards whenever possible. You will ensure successful implementation working iteratively with the team to bring about successful and timely delivery.
Other responsibilities include;
- You will interact with business unit management, applications systems management, technology management, vendors and industry experts in order to map business requirements into technology solutions that optimally balance cost, speed of implementation, and value while leveraging existing technologies and standards whenever possible
- Provide clear and valuable documentation to support the team and communicates it effectively
- Ensure that designed Solutions are successfully implemented by participating in all phases of the SDLC while working iteratively to ensure that systems are successfully evolved and delivered as maintainable finished solutions
- Conduct research on new and emerging technologies for practical application to business problems and strategic initiatives in the context of assigned work efforts
You will have the following skills;
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years of intermediate to senior level experience in multiple information technology disciplines such as Host/Server technology, communications (voice/data), PCs, mobile devices, virtualization, databases, applications, middleware, web technologies, data security and operating systems. Broad experience in different technology Microsoft (.NET). technologies and on-premise and Azure based tools
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in designing and implementing automated software products cloud or hybrid cloud IaaS and PaaS technologies in a Microsoft-based environment
- Minimum of 2 years experience with software configuration management and/or release automation tools and experience leveraging these tools with the Microsoft stack
At Assurant, we're very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you'd like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you've probably never heard of – apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals,
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.