Do you want to push the boundaries in human / machine interaction? Do you find yourself dreaming up a better UX for the products and services you use day to day? Do you believe that knowledge presented well is more likely to stick?
We have a new opportunity for a UI Developer to join our project delivery teams within the National Security sector. The emphasis is on visualisation of information and ever increasing automation of high expertise operational processes.
You will be able to work flexibly from home, from Roke’s offices, and with occasional visits to client sites (UK only). We give you the time and freedom to gain new skills and knowledge, and the space to create innovative solutions.
• Design, develop and engineer UX and data visualisation solutions
• Understand and apply new and emerging technologies
• Provide support, consultancy and teaching on UX and data visualisation approaches
• Contribute to the development of innovative IP
• Take part in business development and winning
• Contribute to our digital strategy
Your projects will use a range of skills. You will be able to learn quickly, and work flexibly across projects in different domains. You might apply your skills to rapidly prototype new solutions. Equally, you may apply them to build on and improve existing approaches.
Why We Want You
• It’s simple really, you should be passionate about delivering software with a great UX
• Experience with UX, wireframing and user-centric requirements analysis
• Experience in data visualisation frameworks
• Experience in continuous delivery within an agile team
• Project teams commonly use agile practices such as Scrum and Kanban to manage their work. A key focus is on automated test and modern DevOps practices. Our customers increasingly deploy into public and private cloud systems.
Areas You May Grow
• Voice User Interface (VUI) and NLP
• AR and VR
• Programming in Python and/or Java
• Cloud technologies
• Systems architecture
Beyond your technical skills, you will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You will work well alone or as part of a team. You will be curious and seek out the best approach/solution/tool for the job at hand