Arm makes a significant investment in our partners success. This investment even extends to working directly with our partners to optimize their codebase to improve performance on ARM architecture. Arm’s share in the marketplace is growing rapidly, our partners use ARM's expertise and strengths to bring value to their end customers through a combination of Arm’s IP and their own differentiating technology.
As a Toolchain Solutions Engineer you will be working on architecture specific optimizations to toolchain like compilers, libraries etc. in the infrastructure market space. You will have the opportunity to work with Arm's key industry partners to define and develop solutions that meet partner requirements and specifications. This is a great opportunity for someone who is eager to learn and develop system programming skills!
- Make contributions to a compiler/toolchain codebase and work directly with industry partners. The toolchain codebase might be open source or proprietary in nature.
- Develop performance analysis tools, and use these tools to analyse the performance of workloads that are of interest to ARM and our partners.
- Interface and tap into expertise of engineers at ARM and incorporate our innovations in our partner's software, and function as a software development liaison.
Required Skills and Experience :
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience working on and/or making code contributions to codebase like LLVM, GCC, or MSVC.
- Experience with performance analysis of workloads, compilers and operating systems.
- Experience developing unit tests, integration tests, and continuous integration testing.
- Good understanding of ARM64 architecture.
- Basic understanding of intellectual property protections.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills, work independently with partners and handling uncertainty.
- Excellent business judgement and the proven track record to think and act both strategically and tactically
- Meticulous attention to detail, ability to multitask without compromising quality of work and delivery schedules.A natural problem solver who enjoys solving technical challenges
- Ability to work in a geographically diverse and dispersed global organization
On top of the already compelling Life at arm, we are famous for our team culture – regular career conversations, remarkable diversity, equity and inclusion approach and continuous improvement mentality.
We offer a competitive reward package including annual bonus, RSUs and healthcare support. As well as other benefits such as an on-site gym and social events that are organised within the company!
We are offering a hybrid approach to home and office working to provide an adaptable experience for all employees. We expect some working time to be spent in office, to promote a strong collaborative environment with good team integration but are accommodating to different home working requirements.