Northern Ireland – Belfast
Software Engineer, Test III
Join the Magnite team as a Software Engineer, Test III based in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
Magnite (NASDAQ: MGNI) is the world’s largest independent sell-side advertising platform. Publishers use our technology to monetize their content across all screens and formats including CTV, online video, display, and audio. The world's leading agencies and brands trust our platform to access brand-safe, high-quality ad inventory and execute billions of advertising transactions each month. In April 2021, Magnite acquired SpotX to further enhance our CTV business and better help our clients in this rapidly growing market. Anchored in sunny Los Angeles, bustling New York City, mile-high Denver, historic London, and down under in Sydney, Magnite has offices across North America, EMEA, LATAM, and APAC.
Magnite is looking for a highly talented and motivated Software Development Engineer In Test. We are looking for someone who is versatile, methodical, excited by modern technology, and enjoys focusing on tackling software challenges
In This Role:
As an Embedded Software Development Engineer In Test, you’ll have the opportunity to work within a wide range of applications, such as user interfaces, big data & microservice architectures.
You’ll learn how to implement a continuous testing methodology within your team, driving an automation-first approach to enable faster feedback throughout the development cycle.
Work alongside our experienced engineers to learn new approaches to problem-solving that will help you build elegant solutions to complex technical challenges.
- As a Software Development Engineer In Test, you’ll become the quality leader embedded within a software development team. You’ll promote an automation first approach and adopt a continuous testing methodology within the team.
- Be involved in all stages of the product life cycle.
- Collaborate with the development & product team to define the acceptance criteria of development tickets.
- Perform exploratory, functional and non-functional testing
- Develop Continuous Integration for on-commit regression
- Develop Continuous Delivery pipelines to deliver release artifacts to a stage environment
- Configure monitoring of your team's products in post-release, gathering metrics, and tracking issues.
- 3-4 years plus years plus experience working within an agile testing environment
- Working knowledge of functional testing (UI/API)
- Experience in writing test cases, transferring them into automated tests
- Comfortable at a shell prompt (Unix/Linux)
- Understanding of source control (Git, Gerrit)
- Experience with using agile tools (JIRA, Confluence, Zephyr)
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and a team player
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience testing within a cloud-native microservice architecture
- Experience developing CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins as an automation server
- Experience of UI Automation tools (Selenium, Protractor)
- Experience with non-functional testing (Performance, Security)
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Perks/Benefits: Equity and Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Pension and Retirement Savings Plan in Several Countries, Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits for You and Your Family, Generous Time Off, Holiday Breaks and Summer Fridays, Family-Focused Leave Benefits, Gym and Cell Phone Subsidy.
- Invest in You: Performance Management, Loyalty and Tenure Rewards and Investment in Diversity Initiatives, Bonusly Peer-to-Peer Recognition Program, Turning Recognition into Tangible Perks and Magnite Swag, Community Service Events, Wellness Coach’Meditate and Recharge with an Unlimited User Account for You and a Plus One.
Magnite was born in 2020 when the programmatic ad pioneers at Rubicon Project teamed up with the CTV experts at Telaria. To accelerate our CTV ambitions, we acquired CTV leader SpotX and ad management platform SpringServe in 2021. Now, Magnite is the industry’s largest scaled, independent CTV/video ad platform. Though CTV and video are now as important to Magnite as ever, we remain committed to our roots as an omnichannel SSP. Thousands of publishers around the globe rely on our technology to sell advertising on their terms and across every channel and format’including CTV, desktop, mobile, and audio. Likewise, we help the world’s leading agencies and brands reach millions of consumers efficiently, safely, and while respecting their privacy. The Magnite team is made up of hundreds of people across North America, EMEA, LATAM, and APAC, and our stock is traded on NASDAQ as MGNI.