Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum-UHC Technology is out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. Our team is focused on driving change, modernization, and ensuring reliable and stable systems so that we can help to transform health care – making it easier, more affordable, and more effective for those we serve. We are passionate about technology and the role it plays to create distinctive experiences to our constituents. While we are always focused on how technology can help us deliver faster and with improved quality, we are far more enthusiastic about the ways technology can reinvent how we deliver on our mission in partnership with our lines of business and Optum Technology.
The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. The UnitedHealth Group family of businesses is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace every day by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere.
If you're in, you'll be challenged like never before. It's time to join this history making.
- Meaningful work in a healthcare technology company that is ranked #5 on the Fortune 500 list
- An environment that is collaborative, diverse, friendly, and fun
- Cross functional teams that solve problems, while leveraging cutting edge technology
- Flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S.
We are hiring now for a variety of technology focused roles.
For more information, check out the details below:
Apply here – UHCTech Career
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Review & analyze business requirements
- Analyze and interpret data to develop innovative solutions to support provider business and downstream provider applications
- Design, develop, review, and deploy application updates to support the provider domain of the Cirrus claims adjudication application on the United Strategic Platform
- Plan and test software updates
- Troubleshoot and resolve defects or configuration changes
- Design and implement performance and operational enhancements
- Design reusable components, frameworks, and libraries using patterns that encourage innovation and will enable team velocity
- Work closely with domain and dev architecture groups to design solutions that enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software and should be able to clearly articulate the implications of design/architectural decisions, issues and plans to technology leadership
- Document application design for existing components and future enhancements to ensure that software meets business needs
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and performance improvements
- Participate in an Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases every 2 weeks through Sprints or Kanban program increments
- Provide hands-on leadership, coaching, and mentoring to junior software engineers
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required and participate in Dev-Ops support rotations
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with Java, Spring, SQL
- 3+ years of experience with unit testing and TDD
- 3+ years of experience analyzing business requirements and translating them into technical design for implementation
- Undergraduate degree
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.