Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Youll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Excellent object-oriented programming skills and accomplished performance with Java technologies
- Ability to work in an engineering team and focusing on problem solving
- Working on incidents, service requests, problem tickets, defect story, user story
- Solid ability to work collaboratively across diverse groups of business and technical stakeholders
- Ability to interact with business users, Information Technology and customers to define application requirements
- Ability to write the code and Review the code of the engineers
- Participation in Design reviews, Test Case reviews, and Production Support readiness reviews for new releases
- Work with business partners to ensure appropriate prioritization for scheduled maintenance, including coordination of priorities across applications when required
- Involve in critical and complex technical discussions
- Ability to work virtually in Agile teams
- Ability to be on-call on a rotational basis
- Detail-oriented and ability to document low to highly complex functional designs and data structures, to support business and operational requirement
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of hands-on Java/J2EE, Spring, Rest Service, Batch
- 7+ years of hands-on experience on relational database, Oracle SQL/ PLSQL
- 3+ years of hands-on experience of building robust infrastructure using Docker, Kubernetes, OSFI
- 1+ years of hands-on experience on Unix
- Experience in the healthcare industry
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Groups Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, youll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Software Engineer, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote